This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Celebrating America's birthday......

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted, but I am hoping to start up again. I finally figured out an easy way to get my photos from my phone to my computer, so I am hoping to catch up on some things that have been happening around here in the past several months.
We have been so busy around here! We have so many wonderful things going on with our new grandson and a wedding coming up in just 6 weeks and another one coming up next summer! I am really enjoying my new job and especially loving my new 2-1/2 day a week schedule! We have had some health issues and more involved and serious issues with our parents, but life is good and we feel the Lord's blessing upon us. We are very thankful! We have been in our new home for one year now! It's gone so fast and it is slowly becoming the way we want it and feeling really like it's ours! Today I wanted to share with you my 4th of July decorations.
Oh, first I want to show you that my husband painted our house yellow! We love it!
He also cut back the huge overgrown rhodies and azaleas.
Here's my decorated front porch.
I gathered some red white and blue things and placed them on this old milk box. Someday I am going to paint this box with a cow on the front and have a cute name like Four Son's Dairy.
My front door wreath.
We love our front porch! I temporarily hung my chandelier here, but it really will end up in the house above the dining room table. We plan to purchase a pretty outdoor light for this spot.
I have flags everywhere!
It's so peaceful out here.
I love this darling little chamber bucket with red petunias and flags in it!
Look at that gorgeous sunrise!
One of my favorite spots to do my daily Bible study.
I snagged this idea off of the internet; I found a wood box and placed white silk flowers with mini flags inside. I used a patriotic quilt as the tablecloth.
I hung my patriotic rag swag on the hallway hutch.
Here's my kitchen window display.
I grouped some cute little Americana items here.
I love how the top of my pie safe turned out.
This amazing Uncle Sam is a new thrift store find. I absolutely love him! I placed him here with a flag pillow, an antique booklet called Father's of Liberty from 1897 and an old American history school book from 1948.
I found this replica of an old advertising poster for Preston & Merrill's Yeast Powder and thought it would be a perfect 4th of July decoration. I bought a wood frame at a thrift store for $1.00 and painted it red and then sanded it. I used a glue stick and glued the poster to black construction paper and then placed it in the frame and hung it with a black satin bow.
I love how it turned out! It looks perfect here!
I found this awesome oblong silver tray at a garage sale for $5.00 earlier in the spring and placed it on the farm table in our family room to use as a display point for seasonal decorations. For Independence Day I placed more antique American History books, a cute risen Uncle Sam and some cute patriotic items such as a gold eagle, statue of liberty, candles, flags and stars.
I hung some light up red, white and blue stars and an America sign on this china hutch.
It's so cute! The America sign was found at the dollar store.
I added some flags and bows to the back deck area to make it festive.
Last, but not least, I wanted to show you the fun huge wood-pallet flag that I made!
My friend Mary came over and she made one too.
You simply paint each wood slat with red, white and blue. The only thing we had to figure out was what color stripe we wanted to start with. I preferred red on the top.
You can find many different ways of painting the stars on the internet, but I chose to free style mine.
I am so happy with the results! I placed it on this brick flower bed and love how it looks! This was the best project! The pallet was free and I already had the paint and it only took a couple of hours to paint and most of the time was waiting for the paint to dry to continue with the stars!  I want to do more pallet art work for other holidays.
We live in the best country! I am so thankful for our freedom and so thankful to God for His hand upon  us, I pray that He will continue to bless America!

"I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts." Psalm 119:45

Hugs, Sharon

6 comments:

Kathie said...

Sharon, so glad you posted! was getting worried about you all! Can't wait to catch up on the family and pets. You have so many other places to decorate now! My fourth of July d├ęcor is still up, it looks so bear when you tke everything down! Kathie

gin said...

Glad you are back blogging. I love checking in on you everyday.

heartfelt living said...

I'm so glad to see you blogging again, I have missed your posting. You are always creative and I get so inspired! Your house looks just lovely all decorated for our American holidays. The first thing I noticed was your yellow paint! I remembered you had said in a previous post you wanted to paint the house yellow and it looks perfect! So sunny and inviting. Love your hand painted flag. I asked my husband if he could find me one to paint as well. Thank you for the great idea! :)

Curious Thinker said...

So glad you're blogging again as I always love to read your blog. Hope you had a happy 4th of July. God Bless.

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Sure have missed you! Glad you're posting again. Your house looks amazing all decorated for the 4th. You just have THAT special touch. The pallet flag turned out fabulous! Your phone takes great pictures. I remember you saying your camera broke...

How are your goats? Hopefully enjoying their summer!

Take care,
xoxoxo
Mardell

Sue from Albany NY said...

So so glad to see you back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...