This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

To every thing there is a season....

 Spring is coming! Yeah, there is new life all over and it is so exciting!
 It is JUST what I need! I wanted to thank all of you who were praying for me. My depression has lifted and I'm feeling so much better, but now new things are happening.
 My Uncle Ernie passed away on Saturday March 15th and I am grieving his loss. I was not very close to him, but I always loved him and admired him, especially when I was little. He was a good man who loved the Lord and worked hard his whole life. He was thought highly by co-workers and friends. He was friendly and quick to smile. I will miss him.

His death has brought sadness because reality is hitting me that my parents, my husband's parents and both of our aunts and uncles and other people we know from that generation are getting older and will soon be passing away.
It just makes me think about things. I question what is life all about? I don't know all the answers, but I must not doubt and I must trust God.
Just like the weather, the cold winter sets in and things are frozen over with ice and it appears that death has taken over, but if we wait, a new season comes and you see the new life of spring. God put us on this earth to worship Him. He gave us free will and because of sin, life is not perfect and there is often sadness and death, but there is good news!
He created heaven for us and He gave us Jesus Christ that if we give our life to Him and confess our sins, and try to live our lives for Him, we will go to Heaven. Ernie loved the Lord and I know he's in heaven and we will all see him again one day!
I have been doing a lot of thinking about my life and I have a lot of guilt for not loving people and reaching out to them. I feel like I get offended easily and I withdraw from people who hurt me, or I don't want to give them the time of day. I don't want to live like that anymore. I want to love people where they are at. For goodness sake, I'm sure I've hurt people too and who am I to hold on to offenses? Everyone has value and I want to see the good in all people. Also, there is no condemnation in Christ, so I must let go of my guilt. I have confessed my sins and I have confidence that He has forgiven me, so I need to let it go. Life is too short here on earth to harbor bitterness, hurt and anger. I choose to love, to listen, to care, to be happy and joyful in the Lord! There is so much to be thankful for!


"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die,a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal,a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up,a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. What do workers gain from their toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that people will fear him." Eccclesiastes 3:1-14

Hugs, Sharon


5 comments:

Judy said...

I'm so glad that you are doing much better and your depression has lifted.
I hear what you are saying about loving people, I know I've walked that path before. Do let it go Sharon life is too precious.
God is good always.
I'm sorry for the loss of your uncle. We just admitted my father to the hospital and I just got home to check my e-mails and a few blogs and yours was one I came to. It's starting to hit me pretty hard that the day is fast approaching that my parents will no-longer be with us.
Blessings,
Judy

Sharon King said...

Thinking of you and your family Sharon. You are a strong lady and these things you say about yourself really don't come across when we read from you. You are a very warm, caring person and your family is blessed to have you in their lives. Chin up. Big hugs for you.

The other Sharon (UK) : )

~JoAnn~ said...

Hi Sharon you are so right its so sad to think of losing the ones we live...my brother was killed by a drunk driver March 15 2002...5 years layer my dad passed away on March 11 2007 and then another 5 years went by and April 20 2012 m th mom passed away and I have had the hardest time getting over it. I try to get past it but it seems like I see or hear something that makes me think of one of them every day. I have also been living with the dread of 2017 coming and I constantly think of who's time will be up when 5 years have gone by. For you it must be wonderful to know when a loved one dies they will go to Heaven. I do not have that same luxury my loved ones were Catholic so I really don't know where their hearts were. Sorry for the long comment :( blessings joann

Sue said...

So sorry to hear about your loss, Sharon, your thoughts today were very encouraging. I am so glad to hear you are doing better.
Blessings,
Sue

Anonymous said...

You know , you probably don't even realise it but you are a blessing to someone everyday . Many of your posts are very uplifting to me and I look forward to them . I check a couple of times a day to see if you have posted anything. I am always so pleased when you do , I love that you share how you are feeling . I am sorry for your loss , sending love to you and your family . Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...