This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Woodshed...

Sorry, but I'm starting another blog post out with a picture of the new wood-stove. I know it's repetitive, but it's funny when you do a new project there tends to be a trickle down effect and that is exactly what this wood-stove has done for us! Okay, so we got a new wood-stove which requires, obviously, wood. Well, when you need several cords of wood to keep your home warm, you need a place to store that wood.
We did not have a woodshed near the house, so my hubby stored it out in the barn, but, lets pull back a bit and see the long walk from the house....
 ....it's not exactly running out the back door. That's pretty far to go to get more wood when it's needed.
 So, Eric staked out this nice little spot behind his shop to build a woodshed. He also has a wood-stove in the shop and this spot is right behind the shop.
 A few weeks ago I told you that he tore down this old tack room in front of the house...
 ....and he salvaged the boards to recycle them...
 ...and this is what he did with them! He's making a wonderful big woodshed.
 I had to go to town to run errands and I took these pictures in the morning before I left.
 He works so hard!
 This is what it looked like when I got home!
 This is going to be a nice structure!
 The next step is adding the cross beams to the roof.
 Looking good Mr. Farmer!
 Wow, look at it now, just a few hours later! He has the roof on and a floor put in!
 He does quality work!
It is just a few steps from the shop and much closer to the house than going out to the barn!
 He will paint it yellow in a few months when we paint the house.
 This will be so wonderful when it's full! We will still move the wood from this woodshed to the little area we set aside in the garage, so that when we need wood when it's late at night or in our jammies, we can just grab some from the dry garage.
 Now we can keep the home fires burning!
He still has all of this material left, hmmm...can you guess what the next project will be? Stay tuned and you will find out!

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." I Peter 1:3

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Mardell said...

Wow, Sharon! That is amazing. Do you still keep some in the garage, though ~ for the house? Eric sure knows how do things right. Very impressive. And love how he recycled the wood from the tack shop. :o)

Anonymous said...

wow that is awesome- great to salvage the wood too. did you all redo the barn? it looks new inside? that will be so handy with winter too. Love blondie watching TV!

Rose of Sharon said...

@ Mardell, yes, we will still keep some in the garage. :) Also, I wanted to thank you so very much for the darling valentine you sent! It was so cute and so clever!!!

@ Anonymous, no, Eric did not build a new barn, but that west side did not have walls, so he put them in. :)

as always starzie said...

I love your new wood shed! I think Mr. farmer is such a hard worker, but I think he might be having fun at the same time! Can't wait to see what his next project will be! Has Blondie been watching any more TV? Pretty soon she'll want some computer time!
Hugs,
Darlene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...