This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Valentine's day, the day of Love!

We started our Valentine's day like most others. I lay out a big heart-shapped box of chocolates and a card for my hubby...
...and leave a sweet treat for our son (years past it was four treats laying here for four sons!). Check out the cute vintage football valentine I found for him!
I went to work that day and was pleasantly surprised by a special delivery from my husband!
He gave me a beautiful bouquet of Valentine's flowers.
I put them in a vase on my desk and our patient's got to enjoy them as much as I did!
We had planned to go out to dinner the next night with friends, so I decided that for Valentine's day we would have a romantic dinner for two in front of the fireplace!
I decided that we would be "going" to a Chinese restaurant this year! haha
I've been slowly collecting Asian themed dishes over the past year or so at thrift stores and garage sales.
Finding these dishes actually ended up being harder than I thought it would be. I would find one neat dish, but not a matching mate.
But within time I did find two dinner plates, two lunch plates, soup bowls, tea cups and serving pieces.
I could not find a tablecloth, so I went to the fabric store and bought this beautiful Asian floral fabric. It's perfect and I love it! I found the pretty fans at the dollar store.
For the centerpiece I simply used a brass candelabra and set some of these cute Asian figurines around the table.
I love this pretty teapot.
Cute!
This sweet little couple is actually very old and is made of salt stone.
Time to eat and guess what I did....I cheated!!! Well, what else is a busy working gal going to do? haha We have a great Chinese restaurant in town and it's so cheap! It worked out perfect and was delicious!
I have the most handsome date!
Egg flower soup!
Tea!
We both ordered our favorites, but then I served them family style, so we shared. I always love this garlic shrimp and white rice and he prefers sweet and sour pork, pork fried rice and egg roll.
Mmmm! Delicious!
Time for dessert!
"The time is right to make new friends!"
What a fun Valentine's day we had ending with this enchanting romantic dinner for two by the fire!

"We love because He first loved us." I John 4:19

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...