This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, February 28, 2014

She said yes!!!!

He asked and she said yes!!!!
Yep...Grayson and Rachelle are engaged! They have been talking about it for several months and he decided to go buy her ring and he asked her on Valentine's day!
 We had a family dinner to celebrate with champagne!
 Isn't her ring gorgeous!
 This is the first time we met Rachelle, she came over for a family dinner. They were so young! He was 17 and she was 15, he was a junior and she was a freshman.
 High school sweethearts!!!
 They both played basketball, so rode the buses together to the games and that's how they got to know each other. Here they are after a game. Grayson's hair was dyed black back then.
 Here they are again after a game and his hair is growing out!
 They were together for a long time.
 Here they are for Cinco de Mayo.
 He had this cute picture of her taped inside his truck.
 Fun time in the summer time!
 School started back up and Grayson was on the football team and she was at all of his games. He was a senior and she's now a sophomore.
She always painted a #14 on her cheek! Auh....so sweet!
 She came along for the photo shoot for his senior pictures and I asked the photographer to take a few of them together. I sure am glad I did, because now they are getting married!
 What a beautiful couple they are!
 These photos look like they're from a catalog!
 They could be models!
Uh...what did I just say??? Models? haha
 Aren't they cute! They're all dressed up for homecoming week.
 He played He-Man volleyball and she played Powderpuff football! So cute!
 Last game of the season....
 ...such a sweet picture!
 Homecoming dance!
 Together at Mackenzie and Brittany's wedding!
 One of Grayson's birthday dinners!
 They shared a locker and Grayson made this sign...so sweet!
 A kiss for luck before he ran his race at the State prelim track meet!
 Her kiss worked! He made it to finals!
 Prom!
 Beautiful!
 Grayson was prom king and Rachelle was his queen!
 My husband and I were secretly invited, so we got to see him be crowned King and watch the royal courts first dance!
 What great memories!
 Graduation! That's Rachelle's beautiful mother behind them.
 This couple reminds me of my husband and I.
 They are fire and ice. They have great chemistry and play and flirt a lot, they are so in love, but they squabble a bit.
 Because they have been together so long though, they have learned to talk things out more and don't squabble as much.
 They've been together for 6 years now with a break-up in the middle about 2 years ago.
 It's neat that they have such a long history together!
 They are very compatible.
 They have many neat memories together.
 So many fun times!
 This was when Rachelle was a cheerleader for her Junior year and Grayson had graduated. She's so cute in her uniform!
 He decided to give her a promise ring!
 Pretty!
 She was so excited to get it!
 Camping and riding the trails!
 Fun!
 Silly!
 It's so neat to see that they work together so great.
 They go to church together and are strong in the Lord.
They are so excited to start their life together! They are planning to get married summer of 2015!
We're so excited that they are taking the plunge!!!

"Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife and they shall become one flesh." Genesis 2:25 

Hugs, Sharon

7 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
Oh this is so exciting! I really enjoyed seeing all of these lovely photos of the "kids" throughout the years. Brought me happy tears. Rachelle is so pretty, I've never noticed how beautiful her eyes are. You & Eric must be so thrilled. Grayson picked out a gorgeous ring and the girl to go with it! Exciting times ahead. I forgot, when is Cameron getting married? This year?

Love the last picture of them "taking the plunge!" Have that printed on the "Save-the-Date" postcards!

Have a GREAT weekend. It's so cold here...zero out this morning. My shower pipes froze, had to take a sponge bath. Yuck. I left it on drip last night, but must not have been enough. Have hot water, but not cold.

HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I knew it would happen. Such a good looking couple, good people too. So a second wedding in 2015- all will keep you all very busy and excited- lots to look forward to for sure. Congratulations to all.

Kathi said...

Grayson and Rachelle are perfect for each other. I'm so excited for them and for you. I love all of the cute photos of them. They are so in love. She is a loving girl and will fit right in with your family (she already does). I'm so happy and can't wait for their wedding. Love you, Kathi

as always starzie said...

Congratulations to Grayson and Rachelle and your entire family! So happy for all of you! What a beautiful couple and so in love. Wonderful news!
Hugs,
Darlene

Judy said...

I'm so excited for Grayson and Rachelle!! Your family is growing and growing :)))

sherry. said...

sweet congratulations!

Janet Manfred said...

Yes! I've been reading your blog for so long (the previous one too) and was sad when they took a break from each other, and like you, I prayed...this is such wonderful news!!

I frequently compare our families, I have three sons and a daughter. My middle son married his high school sweetheart a year ago after two years apart and my youngest son just got engaged to his...

With such handsome sons and their beautiful wives, all your grand children will be beautiful.

I always keep you and your family, especially your parents and in-laws in my prayers.

Fondly
Jan in Pennsylvania

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...