This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Love is in the air!!!

 Love is in the air and Valentine's day is quickly approaching! It's time to drag out the decorations!
I hung a rosey heart wreath on this old fashioned window hanging out on our front porch and then put these light-up hearts around the window....
 ...unfortunately, it looks a little like the Chapel of Love in Vegas or something....I might have to rethink this for next year!
 I hung a pretty wreath on the front door.
 Here's the entryway table.
 There's a cluster of fun vintage items sitting here.
 I love this antique heart-shaped chocolate box.
 I tucked cute fabric hearts in with some valentine's hankies and a vintage card.
 This cute little cherub is proclaiming his love for you!
 A harlequin heart hangs on our curio cabinet.
 A cheery heart swag hangs on our china hutch.
 I love this wonderful valentine pasted on a piece of slate that I hung on the side of our bookshelf!
 I hung this cute flower cone on the back side.
 Let's head into the kitchen now.
 Here's my kitchen windowsill display.
 It looks so cozy when the votives are lit.
I mixed new things with vintage Valentine's day related things.
 Me and my true love!
 I still love this old wreath that I made about 7 years ago.
 Framed reproduction Valentine's cards flank each side of the sink.
 This is a pretty simple way to decorating for the holiday!
 Here's my display on top of my pie safe.
 A cute clown Valentine clown sits atop several books about love!
 I have my framed Vintage valentine collage that I made next to my Valentine shadow box that I made.
 Cupcake anyone?
 Cute stuff!
 Who remembers these old candy containers? They are from the early '70s, I loved them then and I love them now!
 I love this light up red candle and guess what....
 It's actually a Christmas item that I found at Goodwill on their after Christmas clearance sale.
 I got two of them for .50 cents.
 I was glad to find out that the Christmas detail easily slipped off...
 ...and now it's perfect for a Valentine's day candle! I could also use it for a 4th of July display!
 Here's a little vignette in the family room.
 I grouped a few heart shaped and love related items and placed them on a silver tray.
 Love the kissing angels!
 I've got a heart of glass!
 This cute dish is a new find this year and I filled it with chocolate hearts.
We're all ready for the big day of love! I am really excited about what we are doing this year for Valentine's day...we get to babysit our little grandson! We are soooo excited! I hope you get to have a fun Valentine's day with your true love too!

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away." I Corinthians 13:4-8


Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Sue said...

Love is indeed in the air at your beautiful farmhouse, Sharon, the decorations are beautiful, thank you for sharing.Enjoyed your post, "Snowed in". We are also snowed in in the south, and we too have been enjoying old movies, soups, and goodies. snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies. Thank you for sharing, your dear sweet life, with me, I always leave so encouraged and inspired.
Love,
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...