This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Lately...

 Life has been busy around here again lately and I feel too busy to blog, but I thought I'd give you a little update as we walk through the forest area behind our house. I am so very thankful that God gave us this home, I cannot even believe it when I look outside and see the views everywhere I look. When I have time and the weather permits, I love to take walks around our seven acres and just talk to God and pray and thank Him for everything.
 First of all, I have good news! I've lost 6 pounds!!! Woot woo! I'm so excited. I think I've figured out my magic calorie intake number in order to lose weight. I'm eating three meals a day and most of the time feel satisfied (not full, but satisfied) and I just feel good showing some self control and not having guilt about what I ate for the day when I go to bed at night! The exercise piece is still hit and miss, but it's more hit than it was two months ago!
 My father-in-law fell real hard when he was walking in his neighborhood and "face planted" into the street. He actually got knocked out and thankfully his neighbor found him and called 911. The ambulance took him to the hospital and observed him and then released him. My husband went up to get him and he came and spent the night with us. Thankfully, he is fine, but he looks terrible! He looks like he was in a boxing match with Rocky and lost. He is such a nice man and I feel so bad that this happened to him. The good news is that we think he really truly just tripped and it was not a neurological thing happening. I visited my mother-in-law at the nursing home and my heart is sinking. I  feel like she deserves better than to end her life in this place. She has been a giving, loving and vibrant person her whole life and now she's in this place where she's not with family and she's not thriving. I am praying that God will give us some solutions.
 We went to a fun super bowl party with friends. The Seahawks sure played a wonderful game!
 My husband has been working like a mad man around here doing all kinds of projects which I will be posting soon. He has been complaining of shoulder pain for a couple of months and finally went to the doctor yesterday. He has rotator cuff issues and got a steroid injection. We are hoping that the injection will calm his muscle down and it will heal, we want to avoid surgery!
 My sisters and I went to our parents house two different Saturdays to clean their attic. They are not moving now, but we realized that their attic has been accumulating junk for 50 years and it would be wise to clean it now while us girls were healthy and strong and not super busy and also at a time when our parents are still here and able to help us identify items and tell us stories about things. We ended up having a lot of fun going down memory lane and we are all getting a long so well and dividing up the treasures fairly. We still need to go over one more day to finish the project. I love my parents and my sisters so much and am glad to have this opportunity to spend time with them! I have been designated as bookkeeper for my parents and we have had so many hassles with things, the latest is that their was a mess up with their Social Security checks being deposited. Life is a bowl of cherries, but sometimes you do need to deal with the pits! Thankfully, my father and my sister, Kelli, called and got it squared away. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from now on.
 I am really feeling like I'm ready for some career changes. I am praying about this and trusting God. I am blessed with such a nice job working the front desk at a doctor's office, but I've been there for 6 years and just feel like I'm ready for more challenges. I'm so thankful for my great co-workers and the awesome patients and also my great schedule. I'm trying to concentrate on all the blessings about my job. We will see what God has in store for me! Can I ask you to please pray about this for me?
 Hayden is wavering with his college career path, so we are all praying for God's wisdom, guidance and direction in this area. The other kids, Mackenzie, Brittany, Cameron, Megan, Grayson and Rachelle are all doing very well. My little grandson, Ridley, is just AMAZING!!!!!
 I have today off from work and I am going to be a "pretend housewife" today. I jokingly say this, but that's what I call my days when I'm home and feel domestic. I'm going to clean the house, organize some stuff, pay some bills, exercise, do some chores outside, decorate for Valentine's day bake cookies, watch a girl movie and make a good dinner. I'm so thankful that my husband made me all those shelves in my closets that I told you guys about last week, but it has caused a trickle down effect with more organizing and cleaning, so I'll be doing that today too. I just love days when I just get to stay home in our cozy house.
They are calling for more snow in our county today! That's nuts! I love Oregon and I love snow, but I've had enough of this freezing weather. I don't do well in the cold and tend to not want to move (thus the no exercise thing). I hope this cold snap will be a short one!
 I met a new friend in November and it's been fun getting to know her and hang out with her. She's a christian, in a long term marriage, has 4 kids, works part-time and also is a junker and sells antiques in an antique mall. It's really fun and exciting to have a new friend! :)
 I have thrifted a little bit lately and have found a few fun treasures. I also have some wonderful treasures to share with you that I found in my parents attic. More to come on these things when I have a little minute!
Well, that's an update on our life over the past couple of weeks. I hope that you are having a great 2014 so far and you have a wonderful day today!

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Your property is so beautiful. I grew up on over 100 acres, and my fondest memories were going through the woods, climbing trees, playing in the creek etc. Loved the freedom.

I'm sorry to hear about your FIL's fall. Glad he's ok. Very scary indeed. Yes, it's very sad that your MIL is where she is. I hope they take good care of her which she deserves.

I'll keep you in prayer about your job. It sounds like an ideal one, but I admire you for wanting new challenges! Yea! As much as your hubby works & what he does, it's amazing he hasn't had rotator cuff problems sooner. Praying no surgery for him, either. (Love your new shelves too, BTW!)

How are the goats? We just had 15" of snow dump on us yesterday. My car is literally buried. I'm stuck home for awhile. And it's only 6° out. Yuck!

Sorry my post is so long. Take care and looking forward to seeing your next blog entry about the family treasures.
PS: Love your entryway! :o)

HUGS & congrats on the 6lb. weight loss. You-go-girl!

~JoAnn~ said...

Sharon love all the updates you post. Love your new place and all the animals. My husband has been working on a new addition to our home I plan on doing a blog post when it is finished.he put the windows in last friday. Blessings Joann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...