This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, February 7, 2014

How to beat the winter drearies...

 Since I started blogging back in 2007, I have realized that my life is really cyclical and a bit repetitive. We tend to do the same traditional things every year. Today's post is a good example. Every year in January I buy flowering plants to put in my kitchen window.
 This year is no different!
 I guess I just can't help it; when I run to the local Bi-Mart for some quick groceries in the dead of winter with 30 degree weather, fog and rain and then I see the new supply of the fresh and springy Primroses, I just cave.
 I always buy two of them and put them in my kitchen window to remind me that there is hope, this dreary weather will soon end and spring will be here!
I usually transplant them into cute pots, but this year I didn't have time so just put the plants in my cute little red and white polka-dot bowls.
 They did their job, they cheered up the kitchen and cheered me up too!
While we are in this area of the kitchen near the sink, I'll show you two new thrift store finds! I found this darling little cement chick at St. Vincent De Paul for $1.99. It was love at first site! I think he's old too, which is so cool!
On the right side of the sink I put my new little calf who spilled a can of milk. I have always loved farm animals, but now that we live on property that we like to call a little farm, I feel more justified to have them displayed all through my house! I found this calf cutie at Goodwill for $.99 cents!
 I love how the plant, the polka-dot dish and my chickens sitting on this old scale look together.
 So, if you've been reading my blog long, I apologize for the repeat post of the same old thing that I do every year, but because it's a new house, it's a new thing to me. :)
 And it still cheers me up.
If you need to beat the winter drearies, run out and buy some primroses and see if it works for you!


“Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem! Praise your God, O Zion!… He gives snow like wool; He scatters the frost like ashes. He casts forth His ice as fragments, Who can stand before His cold? He sends forth His word and melts them He causes His wind to blow and the waters to flow.” Psalm 147:12-18

Hugs, Sharon

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to worry- I like to see it every year and look forward to it. it has been in the 20s here. We had snow Thurs and school is out today, buses cant get to the rural areas for the kids. still have some snow on the ground. Have stayed in 2 days and i am ready to get out. we have had like 4 rounds of ice and snow this year, the worst we were in the house a week!!! solid ice. never lost power thank you Lord. Praying for your new job if there is to be one, for your FIL, parents and Hayden. HOpe the farm animals are staying warm. Great thrift finds. I found a painting of a dog in water chasing a ball for 8 at GW and it is framed and worth 150. score.

Anonymous said...

No worries at all Sharon. Everything looks so great! I turn 60 this year. So if my hubby does not but me flowers for my winter birthday in March. I will get some for myself.
This time of year I crave the color and smell of live flowers. I am an RN who works in a hospital. Sometimes we dont always get good smells. So the sweet smell of flowers is so refreshing.
Pamela
Ohio

Kathi said...

This is such a sweet post. I love those darling flowers and the polka-dot bowls you put them in. They cheered me up too. Cute cute farm animals too!! I think I fixed my comment box. Please let me know next time you visit. I love you. Kathi

Anonymous said...

I allways enjoy all your post. I have been following your blog for awhile now and so many times you have brightened my day.What a wonderful Christian example you are. God Bless you and your beautiful family. Donna

Anonymous said...

As soon as I started to read your post, Ecclesiastes 3:1 popped into my mind. Our lives have a rhythm and in this rhythm we can find peace and security. Bless you Sharon

Kelly M. said...

I never ever get tired of reading any of your posts, its a joy and pleasure. You're a true inspiration time and time again in so many ways you can't even imagine!
You and Kathi over the years have helped me grow and have taught me so very much.

Kelly M. said...

I never ever get tired of reading any of your posts, its a joy and pleasure. You're a true inspiration time and time again in so many ways you can't even imagine!
You and Kathi over the years have helped me grow and have taught me so very much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...