This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Confession.....

 Can you guess where I am?
 Does this place look familiar to anybody?
 It's a quicky lube and I'm here sweating bullets.
You see...I was supposed to get my oil changed back in AUGUST and I just did it now in JANUARY!
 I was supposed to do it in either August or when I hit so many miles.
Well, if you recall, we moved in July, which was one of the biggest things I've ever done in my life besides having  children. I mean, it was big and all consuming. The last thing I thought of was changing the oil in my car.
 It's not like changing my oil is something I think about. Ever.
When I was a young lady, my father always took care of my car. When I was a newly wed, I drove an old car and my hubby changed the oil himself. Later on in life, my husband decided he didn't like changing the oil we started going to these drive through jiffy lube places. It was my responsibility to look at my sticker on my car and run down and get it changed, but I would always forget and my husband had to remind me. Since we bought our current car brand new in 2012, it has been my responsibility to change the oil and my hubby made it clear how important it is that I keep up on it because we want to keep this car nice. But, guess what...I FORGOT! Shame on me for letting this slip by!
 I'm so thankful I remembered before my husband did. He asked me one day right after I noticed that I was way behind on getting in there. He said, "Do you need to change your oil?" and I replied, "Yes, I do, I'm behind on it." He said he was taking his truck in that morning and I said I'd take my car in there as well at the same time.
 I was so worried that I'd get in trouble with how the oil looked, but the guy actually told me everything looked really good and I was fine.
 Whew! I dodged a bullet! Later my husband teased me and said that he told the mechanic to harass me for being late, but he didn't do it, he was nice to me!

By the way, do you guys do this...do you bring fun stuff to read while you are waiting? Sometimes I bring a notebook and make my to-do lists or I'll bring something to read or like this time a decorating book. It makes the time go by faster and gives me a little me time. It's a very easy thing to do, I just drive down there, wait while they do it, ask them to send the bill to the house and leave. So why is it so hard for me to remember?
Anyway, blogger friends, you guys gotta remind me that in April I need to take my car in again to change the oil! I can't forget again!!! I want to honor my husband and take care of the car he bought for me, how could I not?

"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands." Ephesians 5:22-24

Hugs, Sharon

5 comments:

Cottonwood Tales said...

We too take our vehicles to a quick lube place and my hubby reminds me too, but this year I solved it by putting it on my iPhone calendar with an alarm and reminder !!! LOL - this time he wont have to remind me !!
Have a great day,
Karen in Texas

Sue said...

LOL Sharon, I have done this so many times, but like you I dodged the bullet! Yes! I take something to read with me whereever I go!
Enjoy your day.
Blessings,
Sue

Anonymous said...

i take mine in every 5000 miles and not 3000 so it is about twice a year. saves good oil and cash too. the manual for my toyota as well as the dealer told me to do that.

Judy said...

Oh my goodness, I did that same thing, luckily my oil was fine but a bit low...whew! Thanks for the reminder, I have to get mine changed soon.

Kathi said...

Funny Sharon! I'm so glad the guy was nice and that everything truly is okay. I saw a Seinfeld, in which Jerry got in trouble from his mechanic for not caring enough about his car. Love, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...