This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, February 10, 2014

Bring'n down the house......

So, I mislead you a bit by the title of this post. We didn't really bring down the house, but we did tear down the tack room that's in front of our house.
We would have left it up, because any outbuilding is actually a good thing and adds value to your property, but we just hated the location of this tack room.
It sits right in front of our house. It blocks people from seeing our cute house when they first come around the corner on the road.
It also obstructs our view of the beautiful countryside. We don't have horses and never will, so we really didn't need a tack room. We toyed with the idea of making it cute by adding windows and brick and just using it for a shed to store my outdoor decorations in, but my husband finally made the decision to tear it down.
I came home from work one day and he was out there tearing away at it!
Wow, he got a lot done in just one afternoon after he got off work!
He removed two sides already!
He never ceases to amaze me!
He's smart and he's salvaging everything he can to recycle. He especially wants these big boards to build a woodshed with.
I can't wait until I get to see all the way out to the fields down below!
The next day he got the other two walls down!
The following Saturday he got it all down!
He was telling me that it was so wobbly and unsafe when he was trying to remove the roof that he ended up getting the tractor and just pushing it over.
What a huge difference it makes when I look out our living room window and don't see that ugly shack anymore!
Now we can see way down the valley!
The view of our house from the street looks so much better too!
It looks so much more clean and tidy.
Now when people come around the corner they see our actual house, not the old tack room! I can't wait until we paint the house yellow this spring so that it will match the shop!
The next step is Eric continued the fence where the break was from the tack room. We do have plans that some day we want to move the fence back about 8 feet into the field so that we can make our circular drive wider to fit two cars, right now this part of the driveway is only single lane, so if one car parks out in front of the house, the driveway is blocked. We want it to be where people can park here and also get around the driveway, but we don't have time or money to do that right now, so this will be  a quick fix.  The first thing he did was put in a new fence post right in the center.
He just amazes me. He has got to be the fastest worker around. He started working on this at about 2:00 after church last Sunday and we were going to leave for the Super Bowl party at 3:30. He said he had enough time to get it done.
Hayden went out there to help hold the boards while Eric hammered them.
He got it done and I thought he would come in to get ready for the party, but no, not this guy, he said he had enough time to paint it!
So that is what he did.
He got it all done and we made it to the party on time!
Wow, what a difference that makes! If you didn't know there used to be a tack room there, you would never guess it except for the spot where there is no grass is growing, but he'll reseed that soon.
I love it that you can see our house now!
To remind you, this is before.....
...and this is after! I'm so happy! Next project on his list....a woodshed for all of our firewood! I'll be posting about that soon.

"Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing." I Thessalonians 5:11

Hugs, Sharon

5 comments:

Donna said...

that is impressive ! You have a fantastic view . I bet it looks pretty with a nice blanket of snow too. Donna

Kathi said...

Sharon, It looks great! Eric is so quick to get things done. I'm impressed with the results and so glad you have a full view out your front window! Kathi

Curious Thinker said...

I agree the view looks much better. I like your new home.

Anonymous said...

This looks so much better. Yes I agree that tack shed needed to come down. You can see your pretty house and no obstruction to that amazing view when you look out towards the front. Great job as always your husband did.

Pamela
Ohio

Mardell said...

LOVE it!! Awesome job! Looks wonderful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...