This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Goat's playland!

Last week I told you that my husband had extra recycled materials and that he was going to be making a new project, and today I'm going to show you what he made! It's out here in the goat field.
Our son, Cameron, came over to help his Dad make this project. We always heard that goats love to be up on things and love to play king of the mountain. We started researching it and found some very fun ideas for play structures.
Eric and Cameron came up with this design all on their own, without any plans!
Isn't it wonderful! It turned out so amazing. It was a bit of a bummer, though, because it was raining all day as they were making it and it was too slippery for the goats to get on it. They are so silly though, and were so curious about it;  you can see them all standing under it.
The next morning my husband nailed recycled roofing material all over the top surface for two reasons, the first is so that they can grip it and climb without slipping. The second is that it's like a built in nail file for their hooves to keep them nice and trim! Oh boy...as soon as Eric was done, they were all over that thing!
They explored it over and over.
Climbing up.....
...climbing down...
....and all on top!
They are very thankful to Farmer Eric for building their play structure. I think we need to name it something like Goat Mountain.
They are having so much fun!
That night Eric came in and said, "I think we have a problem...they don't want to come down!" haha! We couldn't believe it, they usually go to bed at dusk and are all tucked in by night fall, but when Eric went out there at 8:00 when it was pitch dark, they were still on top! He coaxed them into their pen with some grain.
The next day Eric made this steep side ramp for them because we noticed they were jumping from that top level all the way to the ground and we did not want them to break a leg!
They are so cute!
They were a little bit fearful, but we noticed that the baby girl, Daisy (who is the brave one), went first and then all three of them went down it.
They get down and then they run around to the front and climb back on it again.
I go out there quite often to watch them, it relaxes me and they make me laugh all the time!
The baby twins crack me up. When they stand near each other they are constantly gently pushing each other just like little human siblings do.
This is Daisy and she's starting to get lovey with me.
Duncan is a bit shy, but he's coming along and letting me pet him more.
Nellie is such a good mama and her kids listen to her and are obedient to her.
Later on that day I noticed they were all laying down on the first level of the structure sunning themselves.
Auhh...they are so sweet. I had no idea that goats could be such wonderful pets. I'm so glad that my husband made them this structure that they love and enjoy so much.

"Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, and be the justice of your cause like the noonday sun." Psalm 37:5-6

Hugs, Sharon

7 comments:

as always starzie said...

I love the ramp toy Eric made for your goats! They are so cute! Their faces are adorable and their fur looks soft. It makes you just want to pet and hug them because they look so cuddly! I bet you enjoy them!
Hugs,
Darlene

Janet said...

Wow, your husband and son did a great job! Looks like the goats are really enjoying it! It must be fun watching them!

~JoAnn~ said...

Hi Sharon I really like visiting your blog but since you moved I haven't visited as often and I hate to even say why but I was just so jealous :(...now I come to your blog to enjoy through you:) blessings Joann

Anonymous said...

Oh Sharon how fun and entertaining. They will love this place. what a great idea to reuse the wood and build them a place. they are like little kids- you have to bribe them to go to bed. you all have really done a lot of work in a short amount of time. it is not even the same place.

Mardell said...

If that's not the cutest thing, I don't know what is!! Priceless!

Erin said...

That is precious. You should write a book about them.

Anonymous said...

The goats play ramp is great! I agree you and your family have done so much work in a very short time to improve your home and property.
I do read all your blog posts and enjoy your blog so much!

Pamela
Ohio

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...