This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The sink's gone!!!

 If you recall, when we purchased our home, this little sink was in the middle of our family room. It was advertised as an amenity, as a wet bar. However, we did not see it as an amenity, to us it was an eye sore and we wanted it gone! It was blocking the pathway and it was so annoying if you were out in the garage and had to come in to use the restroom, you had to walk all the way around the couch and then back again to the bathroom door. We had so many other projects going on though that were higher on our priority list, so we had to be patient.
There was, however, a family member who did enjoy it, our kitty McGyver thought it was a perfect place to nap!
A few weeks before Christmas my husband finally had some time and he tore the thing out of there! He had to call our plumber friend over who helped cap off the water.
 Good bye and good riddance little sink!
 This is what we were left with. We were really excited because when we first moved in we found a big square of green carpet in one of the closets, so we knew we could patch the carpet, but guess what?
 It's NOT the same carpet! Oh my goodness, why in the world did they save this piece of carpet if it didn't match? It was too late for us to do anything, so my hubby just pieced it in there.
 The next step was to try and find the wood wainscoting.
 We knew that this would be difficult to match the exact type of knotty fir and also the exact shade of stain, especially since the old stuff had been exposed and aging for 15+ years.
Eric first tried fruit wood and it was too light and then he rubbed on a coat of golden oak and I think it turned out pretty good. It doesn't match perfectly, but we really don't notice it unless we are staring right at it.
 If only that was the correct shade of carpet!
Oh well, what are we gonna do? Someday we will get new carpet for the whole room.
 For now I just put a few little items there to try and conceal it.
 I'm going to look for a runner that will match the room and place it here to hopefully hide it.
For now though, this is such an improvement! I am so glad that the sink is gone and it is so nice to be able to walk through the room behind the couch! I'm thankful for my handyman hubby!

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run to it and are safe." Proverbs 18:10

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does look better without the sink
there. Even though the remnant piece you found doesn't match it, at
least it fills in the hole that would
still be there. After you find a
runner for that spot, no one will
know the difference.
Handy man husbands are the best! I
would be lost without mine!
Hope you have a good day.
Paula

Anonymous said...

I agree that sink needed to go. Golden Oak is the color of the stain used on all the wood in our house.


Pamela
Ohio

Anonymous said...

wow- what a difference. I really like the new open space. Eric did a good job. McGuyver can use the bathroom sink if he needs too! Maybe Eric can use the sink in his workshop?

Kathi said...

Sharon, Isn't that the way it goes? I agree with you. Why would they keep that piece that does not match?
I like it so much better without the sink. You hardly notice the patchwork. You've concealed it well with the plant. Hugs, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...