This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, January 31, 2014

Shelves in my closets!

I am truly blessed and so thankful that I am married to a talented and gifted man. He is so handy and can do so many different projects for me. He is an excellent carpenter. One project he recently completed was to build shelves for me for four of my closets in just one afternoon! He started with this little broom closet in our laundry room.
When we first moved here I was so excited to have a broom closet, but as the months have passed, I realized that I really don't need it and would rather have this closet serve as a second pantry for my kitchen.
Enter this cute Mr. Fix-it!
 He measured and cut and hammered and.....
 ....this was the finished product!
 I am so thrilled! This area now will house my small appliances such as the bread machine, my mixer and my crock-pots. It also will hold all my baking supplies. This will free up much needed space in our kitchen pantry.
 The next project was this large hall closet. It has a shelf way at the top with a bar to hang clothes or coats, but we just don't need it for that. We have a hall closet by the front door for coats and the vacuum, so we are turning this into more storage space for other items.
 More measuring!
 Measure twice, cut once! He amazes me with his knowledge and abilities.
An hour later there were three big nice shelves hung! This area will now be my crafting supply closet. I'm so excited to have all of my paints, scraps of fabric, special card stock, glue gun and other supplies all so handy!
 Next up.....the guest room closet! Oh my goodness, what a mess it is now!
 Not to worry, Mr. Fix-it to the rescue!!!
He hung two nice big shelves in this one. I am planning on putting our linens in here and probably all of my gift wrap.
 The last one is this little closet in the guest room.
 He hung four shelves in here for me.
This closet will probably hold just that extra stuff that we all seem to have in our homes, extra picture frames, decorative pieces, etc. I am so thankful to have all of this extra storage space!
I am so thankful for my husband. He works so hard and so quickly too, also, I had fun flirting all day with the handyman!

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galations 2:20


Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Kathi said...

Wow, Eric got right to work. I would appreciate having all of those shelves too. It really would help me with the organization of my home. I love what he did for you. Kathi

Anonymous said...

wow what a gift Eric can do all of this for you! you have some really great storage there- i love being organized and can see this will really be a blessing. unusual to have 2 closets in a BR too. such fun

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...