This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, January 10, 2014

Meeting the family!!!

As you know, my son, Cameron, recently got engaged to Megan and we are so thrilled about it! We love Megan and are so happy that they are getting married! God has answered our prayers for the wife for our son, they are perfect for each other! Last Sunday we invited her family to come over for dinner and meet our family!
I set the table with our red and white every day dishes pared with red goblets.
I thought the table turned out so pretty. I set the table the night before and it seemed like it was missing something. The next morning after church we went to Bi-Mart and they had the little green Christmas candles on sale for just 17 cents a piece! I ended up buying 12 of them and placed them all around the centerpiece and it was the perfect finishing touch that I was looking for!
I made a turkey for dinner along with mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, jello salad, rolls and served a delicious fancy chocolate cake for dessert. It was a special dinner for special people!
We were so very happy to see these guys! They traveled to California for Christmas and we had not seen them for three weeks!
Eric was so happy to see Ridley!
Ridley was so happy to see his Grandpa Eric!
Everyone arrived and we met, had drinks and appetizers and sat and visited a spell. Her mother and brothers are so nice! We are all so happy that these two are getting married!
The food's already, come and get it!
Here's Cameron and Megan with her mother, Adrianne and her brother, Wade.
Here's Hayden, Megan's brother Ryan, Rachelle and Grayson.
And here's Eric and I, Mackenzie, Brittany and Ridley.
We had a lovely evening in honor of these two. We truly believe that old phrase that we are not losing a son, but gaining a daughter! It's pretty neat to think that because of their love these two families will be blending! We are all so happy that these two are getting married and are all looking forward to the fun festivities ahead of us. Next weekend I am hosting a "Say Yes to the Dress" ladies' brunch for Megan! I got this idea from my friend Shannon. The bridal party will be coming over here to  have a brunch of quiche, fruit, spice cake, coffee and mimosas at our house and then go to town to look at wedding dresses! She actually already found her dress, so we will go and see it and help pick out her veil and look at bridesmaids dresses! She said she found it on clearance and loved it so she bought it before someone else snagged it up. I'm proud of her for being so smart and frugal. :) Having had all sons, I am so looking forward to this! Weddings are wonderful!!!

"He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord." Proverbs 18:22

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Molly Moore said...

Sharon-
This is so sweet!!! I have enjoyed all of your holiday posts and decorations! You inspire me to decorate, and even though I don't entertain a lot, I have noticed my daughters enjoy inviting their friends over to bake and watch old movies! The girls seem to love the decorations--makes me smile! Congratulations on the upcoming wedding and your new grandson! I have been praying for my daughters future young men as well! They have had some tough dating experiences over the last year and are both taking a break to focus on school and discover their life goals and passions. They took off to go volunteer at non profits today and I'm proud to say their favorite hot spot to visit is Starbucks so they can sip coffee and read their Bibles! They are so busy I'm just praying the right guys will notice! Blessings-
Molly

Sue said...

Congratulations and best wishes to all! Enjoyed cathing up on previous post! Always a joy for me to visit.

Anonymous said...

So nice to see everyone around the table and to see Grayson and Brittany and the baby- he looks like a really good baby, happy. Hope it all works out well for the wedding. you have such a place now you could have the reception there or even the wedding out doors. I have that same red dish you have on the table with the cranberry sauce. turkey and mashed potatoes are good any time of the year.

Kathi said...

Sharon, I'm so happy for you! Cameron and Megan are so perfect together. God is so good. I love love love your pretty table. It looks like a gorgeous restaurant. The picture of Cameron, Megan and her mother and brother, I actually thought that was a restaurant scene at first. Little Ridley is adorable. I'm so happy for you. Love, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...