This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, January 24, 2014

I love this girl.....

I realized that I never shared that we celebrated Rachelle's 21st birthday! She is my son Grayson's girlfriend and we've known her since she was 15! Her parents actually took their whole family and Grayson and some of Rachelle's best friends to Las Vegas to celebrate, so we celebrated with her a week later.

I felt really bad because I usually make the birthday girl (or boy) the dinner of their choice, the cake of their choice and they get to eat on the special plate. But, I had such a hectic weekend because we just celebrated Thanksgiving, I had my parents here, I tore down the Thanksgiving decorations and I had just gotten the house decorated for Christmas.

I was exhausted and simply ran out of time, so, Rachelle ended up getting take out pizza for dinner, we forgot to get out the special plate and she got a box of chocolates for her cake! That didn't stop us from having fun though, we just put candles in the chocolates and sang Happy Birthday! We had a lovely night. I just love this picture with her holding the baby and smiling at the "cake" and Grayson and Eric smiling in the background. I love our family so much and I love this girl so much!

P.S. I told Rachelle we will be doing an "unday" birthday for her in six months and I'll make the dinner and dessert of her choice and she'll be using the special plate and she'll get a traditional Goodwill present that I also forgot about (wow, shame on me!).

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Kathi said...

I love this picture too! The joy and happiness are evident in your family. You have many special traditions. You are blessed with a very loving family. Your daughter-in-law and future ones, are proof of God's answer to many many prayers you prayed morning after morning. I'm so happy for you. Kathi

Sue said...

Beautiful, sweet post, You are such a loving, giving person! Enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous said...

After all who doesnt love pizza and a box of chocolates! Sounds like she is flexible and understanding- good traits. Life happens and we all need to roll with it when it does. You have so many BD to cook and bake for too could be one a month. I am sure she felt special.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...