This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy 2014!!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!
Today I wanted to share with you some of the little New Year's decorations I put out and also tell you how we started 2014! This is my display in our kitchen window.
I love the snow-babies; they seem so appropriate for the baby new year and it's always so cold out in January for us here in Oregon.
I put some snowflake candles on the right side of the sink.
I love the way that this neat heavy glass snowflake paperweight reflects the candlelight.
It just feels like a winter-wonderland!
I have more snow-babies on the left side of the sink.
They look like they are trying to keep warm by the fire!
The other day at a thrift store I found this cool tabletop wreath holder, so decided to display my Happy New Year wreath on it instead of hanging it on the wall.
Pretty cool huh! I think I will end up painting the holder black so I can use it for more occasions. I made the wreath last year and I still like it.
This is a fun little display that I put together in our family room.
I simply filled a flat wooden crate with pine cones, candles, deer and other goodies.  I love how it turned out!
My cute little Eskimo children are wishing you a very Happy 2014!
My husband and I started our New Year's celebration by going out to dinner in our little town. It was only 7:30, but the town was shut down tight! Everyone must be staying at home or going into the big city!
We enjoyed our delicious Mexican meal!
I decided to get a selfie shot to commemorate the last day of the year and even though it's blurry, I like how it turned out with the twinkly lights and my red coat and red car! My glasses almost look like I'm wearing a new year crown! haha
My true love is waiting for me, so I better run!
We went to our friend's annual New Year's Eve party where there was lots going on.
My husband's favorite part is playing this fun dice betting game called "Four, Five, Six" and this year he won big!!! (twenty bucks ~ haha!)
This is a family friendly party and there are always lots of children running around. It's a tradition to have a pinata for the youngsters and they always let the youngest child go first. This is little Jack's first time and he was so cute, he's only a year old and so adorable! At midnight Eric and I shared a New Year's kiss!
The next day my dear sister, Kathi, and her two girls, Victoria and Jessica came to spend the night and hang out with me!
We had Chinese food for dinner with Eric and Hayden too.
Then we watched cute old Doris Day movies. The next day we went to town for lunch and thrifitng and had so much fun! I always love hanging out with them! By the way, my sister is blogging again, you should go check it out at Feathering My Nest!
We had a very interesting 2013 with many, many blessings, especially the birth of our first grandchild, an engagement, a new home, new relationships, good health, etc. We also had some hard things like extended family issues, illness, injuries, job stresses, the stress of moving, etc. but the Lord was with us through all of it and He answered so many prayers for us.

I am excited to see what 2014 will bring and my prayer is to do what God wants me to do and to be pleasing to Him with my words and deed. Happy New Year to all of you and I pray that you have a blessed 2014!!!

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

blog library said...

Happy New Year Sharon!
I always enjoy seeing your festive touches you add each season :)
I really admire your style - so many bloggers out there show the latest passing trends and I truly enjoy your traditional style- timeless :)
I like how you combine different things to make your home look cozy and inviting- and use things that you love and enjoy.
Blessings for a wonderful 2014!
God bless.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Sharon! I like your New Year's decorations. I have never
before seen a table top wreath holder
It looks good in that corner with all
the wood surrounding it. A cozy corner!
Have a good day.
Paula

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...