This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, January 17, 2014

A new me.....

 Come along with me on a brisk morning walk and let's talk.
 Wow...it's been so long since I've exercised!
 It sure feels good to be out here again moving my body...
 ....breathing in the fresh air......
 .....seeing the cows......
.....seeing God's beauty.....
 ....and just spending some time.....
 ....to clear my head....
 ....pray, plan and...
 ...to just think.
We have had a very, very busy year. We had many wonderful blessings, but we also had many stresses.
I am so thankful to God for everything because it's His plan for me and I have grown through it all.
But...because of this (moving).....
.....and this (snow and subfreezing weather), plus the holidays, I have not......
....done this. I also have gained weight and just not taken care of myself. For 5 years I have walked faithfully with my neighbor three times a week for one hour each time. Since we've moved, my walking has all but ceased. I didn't think that my walking helped me that much, but now that I haven't done it, I certainly have noticed how I feel old and achy, weak and I've gained weight.
My old neighbor has driven out to see our place and walk with me a couple of times, but because of the distance we don't do it regularly any more.
I've walked by myself, but it has not become a habit for me yet. I'm so busy all the time and with the move and all of the projects that go with moving, the holidays and the very cold weather, I have not gone out much at all and  I miss it so much. Exercise is so important for many reasons. I like to clear my head and to pray while I'm doing it, but it's also good to maintain our weight and to keep our bodies strong. I have gained weight and feel so tired and sore all the time and I don't like it. I have been a slacker!
January is a time of renewal and goal setting so.....
 .....I have a plan to improve myself.
Because my husband now has a work shop, he cleared out the garage for me so that I could have a.....
..home gym! I also have constructed a new eating plan and signed up for My Fitness Pal to track my eating and exercise. And it doesn't stop there....
.....I have let myself go in other ways too. I have not gotten my hair professionally done in 9 months. I don't feel like I have the money or the time to go, so I decided to go back to my "roots" (haha, pun intended) and color my own hair like I did when I was young.
It's funny because I used to do this for years and years and one day I switched over to a professional. Yes, there were not as many blotchy spots with a beautician, but I quit liking my hair and it seems like it was much thinner and I had lots of breakage. Since I've started doing it myself again, it feels thicker and I like the color. A kit costs only $12.00 and I can get three treatments out of it!
I'm also doing other self improvement projects like teeth whitening, going for my annual female exam, getting my blood work done, going to the dentist, taking better care of my skin, drinking water etc. These things are just things to take care of my physical self and some of it's mental too, but I also have a list of things to improve on with my spiritual side and doing for things for God and others, which I'll talk about later.
Our bodies are God's temple and we must take care of them. I love taking care of my family, but I must remember to take care of me too so that I will be here for them. I pray that I can get strong and healthy again soon. I hope you take care of you as well!

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." I Corinthians 6:19-20

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." II Corinthians 5:17

Hugs, Sharon

8 comments:

Judy said...

Good for you Sharon. I love the My Fitness Pal app and I also now have a Fitbit that a friend told me about and I wear it everyday you just clip it to your bra or waist. It tracks how many steps that I take every day and how many calories I burn, just go to fitbit.com if you want to check it out, tho it is a bit spendy but worth it. I try to get between 5,000 and 10,000 steps a day mostly 10,000 but some days can be not good when I don't even get close. I live out in the country too and walk alone so I just put in the ear buds and plug it into my phone and listen to music. I found that the type of music I listen too depends on how fast or slow I go :)
I do challenge myself when I walk and each time is different. I wish you well on your walking journey.

Erin said...

Great post. I can relate! Looks like you have a beautiful road with lots of good scenery.

Kathi said...

This is such a cute post, Sharon. You have good goals and I know you have a determination that will get you to where you want to be. I love it that you have such beauty around you. It's great that you know how to do your own hair. I was wishing I could try that myself. Love you, Kathi

Anonymous said...

The Holidays always put weight on me and definitely stress too. Sounds like you have a plan. Exercise helps me to not gain and I need to get back to that plus it makes you feel better in general to move. Best wishes on your new year and new plan.

Mardell said...

Good for you, Sharon! I love your positive attitude (& your selfees!)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing this Sharon and inspiring me to re look at what I am and am not doing. Donna

Molly Moore said...

Great post Sharon! I have been trying to do the same. I like your home gym! I went to sign up at a commercial gym the other day and it seemed so cold and harsh and not very homey (I guess they weren't going for the cottage look). I don't like working out next to strangers (although I talk to everyone). I have an exercise bike, a great neighborhood to walk in, and I've ordered a CD that uses handweights to try at home. The lady on the video has huge muscles, is orange, and seems plastic to me--maybe I'll get over that:)
Blessings-
Molly

Sue from Albany NY said...

Thank you for such an honest post Sharon. I too am looking in that same mirror and have decided I need to take that same "walk". After a very hard 2014 now I need to take care of me too. Just know I will be traveling that journey with you. In spirit of course! I am on the other side of the country.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...