This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

So much going on!

 Dear blogging friends, I am sorry that I have not been blogging very much for the past six weeks. Things got a little busy around here since the arrival of this little mister!!! Isn't he precious! I'm so in love with him! I have had lots of family business to take care of, work, etc. and I kind of lost my drive for blogging. I am hoping that I will get inspired and start blogging again. I need to fill you in on my life as a grandma with this darling little pumpkin and our first Halloween with this little guy, also, I've done a few projects, my Thanksgiving decorations, our Thanksgiving meal, updates on my kids and my parents, etc.
 Last weekend I decorated for Christmas after Thanksgiving and started my morning with my favorite tradition.....pumpkin pie for breakfast!
I tell you what though....I was not very productive! Even though my boxes were so much easier to get out being in the closet on the main floor instead of the second floor attic like they were at the old house, it took me all day long to decorate. It just seems like my old decorations don't work at this new house. It was overwhelming. It gets me down a little bit because I am just not the same as I used to be. My energy level, creativity and drive are just not what they used to be. I'm sure it's related to my age or it could having something to do with the stress from my extended family issues (which by the way are starting to resolve! Praise God!)
Any excuse to stop and I stopped, including having a turkey sandwich for lunch and getting sucked into another Hallmark channel Christmas movie! Oh, I should mention that part of why I was so busy was that I was packing up my Thanksgiving decorations as I was unpacking my Christmas decorations.
Ugh! I just plugged along and was feeling very overwhelmed and uninspired. I felt like I was just moving junk from here to there. I knew that this was going to be difficult, but it seemed harder than I anticipated. I do realize that this is all extra hard because it is the first time to decorate for Christmas (and all the other holidays) at this new house, next year will be much easier because I will just copy what I've done this year!
I finally saw things coming together and at that point was rejuvenated!!! I actually started liking how things were looking and was inspired to continue. I got most of the decorations up except for the tree and now I just need to tweak things and I do need to purchase a few more items for this new house. The good news is that I was able to get rid of at least three boxes of decorations and I think I still will get rid of more! Yeah!!!

I can't promise that I'll be blogging every day again, but hopefully at least twice a week! I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas season!

"Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love Him and keep His commandments, to a thousand generations." Deuteronomy 7:9


Hugs, Sharon

6 comments:

Judy said...

What a precious doll he is.

I know what you mean about trying to decorate a new home. I'm decorating totally different in our log cabin than I did in our other home. The first year I decorated with all the decorations from our old home and it didn't seem to fit, then the second year I hardly decorated at all, and last year I started getting decorations that would fit more in this home. This year is much easier and I have things that are more fitting for a log home.
Pumpkin pie for breakfast is the BEST! :)

gin said...

Baby is precious. I know you are enjoying him.

Molly's Art Designs said...

Oh Sharon--what a precious baby boy! Your decorations are beautiful I know! You always inspire me to decorate for the holidays! With my college daughter and recently graduated daughter living at home, and a busy husband, I feel like the decorations will not be appreciated as much. However, last year proved me wrong as I found my daughters' friends were always at our house baking Christmas goodies! They seemed to like the cozy home atmosphere--even though I don't always think so! Thanks for inspiring me & have fun with your precious grandbaby! Blessings-Molly

Anonymous said...

Yes he is a cutie!! My friend spent a week with her new grandson- no decorations got up and no tree yet. she took the time before he had to leave. i hope we can see more of your decor there. it is always inspiring. I have some of the same christmas plates your pie was on!! and we want to see the new shop too. and the christmas party this yr too. Glad things are better with the family. thanks for the updates.

Anonymous said...

also - is that the new family table I see?

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon! Ridley is adorable. I'm trying to decide who he looks like. What do you think?

Your home will be lovely all decorated, I'm sure! A big chore indeed!

Congrats to Cameron & Megan. What a cute couple!

Hugs to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...