This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, December 9, 2013

I painted my kitchen hutch black!

I painted my kitchen hutch black and I LOVE it!!!!
This is what it looked like before. I actually bought it a few days before we moved to put in this spot in the kitchen and I had always planned to paint it black.
A few weeks ago I finally had time to paint it.
It was cold outside, so I just painted it right in the kitchen with help of several drop cloths! It worked out perfectly!
I ordered these neat crystal knobs off the internet.
The look so good against the black paint!
It's done!!! Oh how I love how it looks against the red brick! Now it's time to fill it!
I put my favorite vintage cookbooks inside.
Now that we live in the country, I'm having fun displaying farm animals all through out our house, but especially in the kitchen. Here's a darling black and white cow.
A fun little pig.
What's a farm kitchen with chickens and roosters!
It's really busy, but I love how homey it looks.
Painting it black really tied the whole kitchen together.
I did have my little TV sitting on the hutch, but after I painted it black, it was just too much black with the TV.
So I found a good solution by getting rid of the little table I had on this wall and putting an old end table there which holds the TV.
I was very happy with how this turned out and the great thing is that it holds my movies! At the old house our TV room was attached to the kitchen, so I would always have an old movie on when I was cooking. I really missed this at the new house and my son, Hayden, said I could have his old college TV that he had in his dorm. I have an old VCR that I'm using and I'm watching my old VHS tapes. It's working out great!!!
I love how the black paint shows the details of the cabinet and again, love the crystal knobs against the black.
I found a few cute items to set next to the TV.
This rooster was white and did not look right, so I spray painted him black and sanded him down. He turned out perfect!
I liked my little rooster so much, so I painted this big rooster black too and he really pops now as he's sitting on the counter!
I am so pleased with how homey and cozy this hutch turned out. My next project is to paint those chairs a new coat of black to match the other pieces.
It's amazing how a coat of paint can completely transform not only a piece of furniture, but a whole room! Love!!!

"Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey." Zechariah 9:9 


Hugs, Sharon

7 comments:

Erin said...

That looks great! I love the hutch in black, and the new knobs are a great touch! I wouldn't have looked twice at the hutch as it was when you bought it - you have a gift for seeing what could be!

Judy said...

Everything looks so nice Sharon. You really have an eye for things.

Anonymous said...

Wow , I am impressed , it looks awesome . My buffet still awaits paint like so many projects. Donna

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your painted hutch!!! I have one that is similar. Was wondering what type of paint you used and did you sand it down before painting? I have heard about the chaulk paint that can be used with sanding first. Your new home is wonderful.. really enjoy seeing how you are decorating! Please keep blogging! Tracie in NC

Anonymous said...

That really looks good! I also think
it looks better painted. Your kitchen looks so homey. I'm glad to
see all your recent posts! Hope you
had a nice Thanksgiving Holiday.
Take care,
Paula

Molly's Art Designs said...

Oh I love it Sharon! The black really does work well with your decor! You are so talented!
Blessings-
Molly

Simply Shelley said...

I like it. Looks great. Merry Christmas to you and yours...have fun spoiling that new grandbaby :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...