This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Farm table made with love......

Look at this beautiful farm table that my husband made for our family! I just love it!!! When we moved into the house, I asked him if he could make one and he said he could, but that it would be a long ways out. I figured it would be about a year, but he got it in him to make the table in time for Thanksgiving and he did just that!!!
What's extra special about it is that he made it from these old barn boards that we found on our property!
The were floor boards in this pole barn. Only half of the barn had a floor, so my hubby decided to take it out. The boards laid on the ground near the fence for several months until he decided to make the table.
He had a few days off of work and decided to tackle the project. First he had to scrub the boards! He said they were pretty dirty.
I couldn't believe what I saw when I got home from work, he got the table done in just one day! My husband amazes me with how much work he can get done!
Then he made six benches to go all the way around it. The table and benches are so sturdy and so very heavy. He sanded the whole thing so that it will be nice and smooth. After the holidays we are going to stain it and seal it and probably paint the legs red!
It is so big and heavy, that it took all of our sons to help carry it into the house, but it fits in the spot perfectly! When we were drawing up plans for it, we measured this area and wanted to make it as large as we could and large is what we got!!! It easily seats 12, but we could squeeze 16! The night we got it into the room we used it, but it was still a little damp and needed to use a table cloth, but it is so large, I had to use two table cloths! I will have to custom make tablecloths for it!
 It is so beautiful and just exactly what I was hoping for!
 I love that it's so rustic and that it's made from boards from our property!
 I love it that it's handmade with love by my wonderful husband!
And he made his goal, it was done in time for Thanksgiving!

"And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts." Acts 2:46

Hugs, Sharon

7 comments:

Erin said...

It is beautiful! Well done!

Judy said...

Good morning Sharon, how wonderful to have your farm table done in time for Thanksgiving, Eric did a beautiful job on it.
Have a wonderful day!

gin said...

Beautiful !

Anonymous said...

Oh how beautiful!The table will surely become a family heirloom. Many, many happy memories will be made around the table for generations to come.

Mary

Anonymous said...

Really nice job. red legs will be nice. look for christmas fabric on sale after the holiday and fall too. restaurant supply places may have banquet table cloths too. love your napkin rings and fall table. we are in an ice storm here in Texas so I am in for the next few days, doing crafts, making hymn candle jars. Hope you all are warm up there. Good to see your parents at the table too.

Sue from Albany NY said...

Oh Sharon. Thank goodness you are back. I have missed you and your blogging. Just wanted to let you know how much you mean to us. The Thanksgiving pics were great. Your grandson is just precious. So happy to read about the engagement. How your family is growing. A blessing from God! And that table is perfect. Continued blessings and thanks for your hard work with blogging. It is appreciated.

Anonymous said...

I think I also see Eric making the table in his new shop- wow what a space that will be for him. awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...