This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Faithful friends who are dear to us, gather near to us, once more...

 We had our annual Christmas party for our friends from our community on Saturday the 14th. This is what our house looked like when they arrived.
 The previous owners erected this cross and I was so pleased when my husband put Christmas lights on it!
 Eric also put red and white lights all round the house and they look so pretty!
 We still had snow left over, so everything looked so magical! I placed tea lights in old rusted-out cheese graters to light the path to our front door.
 Snowmen are standing attention outside the front door hoping to come in and get warm! haha
 I love that new big wooden snowman! He's made of old fence boards. I found him at a garage sale last summer for $3.00.
 I did my traditional floating candles with cranberries in vintage enamelware bowls.
 It's always such a festive touch.
 Pretty!
 I scattered some festive pillows and placed pretty garland and santas around the front porch furniture.
 The front door's open for our guests to come on in!
 The coffee center!
 I asked each guest to bring an appetizer, so I prepared the big farm table to hold all of the food. I didn't get a picture, but by the time everyone had arrived, this table was full of beautiful food trays!
 Eric and I are very happy hosts!
 This is the first time many of our friends saw our new home.
 Everyone loved it and were happy that we all fit in it so nice!
 All the beautiful ladies!
 We had such a fun night!
 Time for Eric's annual Christmas speech and toast. I love this part! Then we moved onto the white elephant gift exchange!
 Grayson and Rachelle got a stuffed taxidermy duck! haha
 Rachel got this old football trophy.....but take a closer look, this is not just any old trophy, it's my husband's MVP trophy from his senior year in 1977 at North High School! haha! Eric threw it away when we moved and I dug it out of the dump pile thinking it would be a great white elephant gift!
 Alisa got lucky and opened this amazing box of homemade goodies from our friend, Angie.
 Shelby and Brian are having a great time!
 The best white elephant gift ever.......
 ...a pet hamster! Oh my goodness, when Elena opened this, the whole crowd laughed so hard! It wasn't so funny though when he got loose in the master bedroom under our bed! Thankfully, my son, Cameron & his fiancee Megan, found him! I was having visions of having that little critter run across our bed at 3 a.m.! The good news was that several people wanted him and he went home as a Christmas gift for a young girl who was wanting one for Christmas!
What's my annual Christmas party blog post without a classic picture of the messy kitchen at the end! Some things never change! haha! Don't worry, it didn't take us too long to clean up the place. We had another fun Christmas party with our friends and we definitely feel blessed!

"But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth His son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons." Galations 4:4-5

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

gin said...

Fun Fun Fun! I love those kind of gatherings.
Merry Christmas to you!

Judy said...

I've been waiting for this post, what a fun night for you all, you and Eric do such a wonderful job entertaining.
I hope you and your family had a blessed Christmas.

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon! Doesn't look like there's a whole lot of coffee drinking going on (Ha ha!)

What a fun party ~ your house looks so beautiful & so do you!

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...