This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, November 29, 2013

A very nice visit from my parents.....

I invited my parents over to stay with me for a couple of nights just to spend time with our family and to have fun. They ended up staying two different times for two nights each time. I loved it! On one of the nights we had one of our favorite meals, Taco Time!!!
The next morning it was so was so fun for me to go into our family room and find my father and husband having coffee and reading the newspaper!
Love him!
I made us a big breakfast.
What great company I had on this morning!
I read the Bible to my father just like he used to read it to me when I was a young girl.
Mama's up, time for a morning hug!
These moments are very precious to me.
Love!
Daddy came to church with Eric and I.
I remember looking at my Daddy's strong hands when I was a sitting in church with him when I was a tiny girl. I used to play with his wedding ring and watch as we listen to the sermon.
Now I'm all grown up and I still love sitting next to him in church.
When we got home from church we had grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch.
Then we took a walk out to the barn to see the goats.
My Dad got a kick out of these silly goats!
They can't even wait for us to give them their food!
Oh my sweet Daddy!
It was very cold outside, so we warmed up next to the wood stove out in the shop.
That night the kids came over for dinner and my parents got to see their great grandson, Ridley!
 My Mama loves babies and she especially loves Ridley!
A few days later, they came again to spend the night to be wiith us for Thanksgiving! Here's a neat moment between grandfather and grandson.
Hayden loves the old stories that his Grandpa Leonard tells him.
Daddy doing his morning devotionals!
My mom being silly with my antique phone. She said she remembered that her grandmother had one just like it!
Daddy reading the Bible to Mama.
We had a busy day ahead preparing for the families to come over for our bigThanksgiving feast! My mom wanted to help by ironing the lace table runner for the Thanksgiving table.
She also helped me in the kitchen with the sweet potatoes!
I love her beautiful old hands.
Daddy wanted to help too, so he peeled the potatoes.
I think the lighting in this picture is so neat.
I love his old hands too!
Making Thanksgiving dinner isn't so hard.......
....when you have good help like this!
I am so happy that God gave me the idea to have my parents over for a slumber party! I'm so glad that we found out that it's pretty easy and it works for all of us! It's a great way for me to care for them and to spend time with them while they are having fun too! I loved having my parents come and stay with us and I can't wait until they come back again!

“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you." Exodus 20:12

Hugs, Sharon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea Sharon , win win for all . Love to you and your family . Donna

Anonymous said...

Oh Sharon- how blessed you are. My parents are gone and have been for some time. your post brought tears. count your blessings every day. loved the wood burning stove in the shop. having them stay- makes them a part of things and I know they appreciate being needed.

Judy said...

I'm glad things are working out for all of you, and how fun to have a sleepover with your parents.

Molly's Art Designs said...

This is sooo sweet! I had a hard time convincing my parents to spend time at our house, but the few times they did were so special to me! I know that it is so fun for them to visit in your new house!
Blessings-
Molly

Simply Shelley said...

What a precious time with your parents...I often go to my parents home and spend a few days with them...its nice getting a good night kiss from them, like I did when I was a little girl :) Blessings

Kelly M. said...

I so much enjoy their love for each other.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...