This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, November 4, 2013

October Fun!

Just wanted to wrap up some of the highlights of our life back in October. The weather was still beautiful and we did a lot of yard work. Here's the country boy, Hayden, driving the tractor helping his Dad with the burn piles.
There was so much old yard debris and junk around our new place that my husband had six burn piles!
This one was the largest and it burnt all night.
The shop was just getting started. Eric, Hayden and I had a nice little chat in front of the fire.
It's so fun watching the fire burn out in the country on a warm autumn night.
The next day it was all but gone!
Silly goats!
Daisey was getting a little piggy with the bucket of food and it got stuck on her head!
Oh my goodness she was soooo funny! I love our goats!
In early October we celebrated Brittany's birthday. She requested fondue!
We had a delicious feast!
I had craft day with some of the girls from work. Here's Mary and Melanie busy working!
We were making a Halloween square wreath that we found on Pinterest.
We hot glued miniature cupcake liners to a frame. Mine came out too white and looked like a wedding frame rather than a fall frame so....
...I soaked the whole thing in a 13x9 full of coffee.
It was completely saturated, so I put it in the oven on low heat to dry. I liked this process because it "aged" the tips even more.
Here's the finished product!
I love that aged look!
Cameron and Megan on our flag raising day!
We have temporary custody of these two barn kitties and we feed them every night.
They actually belong to the previous owners of our home.
They are building a house next to us, but right now they are living in a 5th wheel as they are building their home.
They asked if we would temporarily take care of them for us and we said we would.
They are so darn cute. Their names are Ralph and Potato. The goats like them too!
Ouch! I had sustained a terrible cut that required 3 stitches.
I was washing dishes and put my scrubber inside a glass to wash the inside and the glass just cracked. My hand was in full swift motion and the glass just sliced it open. Oh my goodness, did it hurt! If had cuts like this before, but this was worse, it took my breath away and my doctor later told me while she was stitching me up that it went down to the bone!
I was having some emotionally sad days and my husband was so good to me.
He said, lets clear your head and take a little spin on the quads.
I just love him so much. I'm so thankful for him.
It did cheer me up.
What a beautiful sunset.
Grayson and Rachelle showing off their cute carved pumpkins!
We had our traditional Halloween feast of chili and cornbread!
We had appetizers before hand, but it looks like a little mouse found it first! Eeek!! Now that we are in the country, we knew we were not going to have any trick-or-treaters and it was kind of sad...but then
....this darling little snuggy bear showed up!!!
It was so fun having Mr. Ridley here for his first Halloween!
Brittany is such a beautiful girl and such a good mama!
Grandpa loves his little bear cub!
He's the only one that gets to sit in Grandpa's chair! haha!
We had pumpkin cake for dessert!
Grayson and Rachelle spent the night because they got up early the next day to go hunting.
Time to get up Grayson!
They're taking a break enjoying some morning coffee. Sadly, they didn't get one on this day.
That's it for our October updates!

I hope you had a fun month too!

"A calm and undisturbed mind and heart are the life and health of the body." Proverbs 14:30

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...