This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Ready and waiting......

So we got the shop area all prepped and the next step is to get the building permit, but to get our permit, there are so many rules, regulations and requirements (translation...red tape!).
Before I go into that though, I'll show you how pretty this parking area turned out! This is going to be so wonderful when our kids come over on Sunday nights and when we host parties and gatherings!
The turkeys are enjoying it too! haha
My husband hired a tree trimmer to take care of some of our older trees that had dangerous limbs hanging down. You can see how this old oak has big branches that are causing the tree to lean, and those heavy branches are leaning dangerously over the fence and parking area.
I was so sad to see these cool old branches go, but if they broke off, they could kill someone.  His friend, David, is a tree surgeon and he did a wonderful job. It was fun and also a little scary to watch him work. He was very safe and had harnesses hooked up. I was very impressed by his skills.
This is the "after" picture and it looks so much better and is so much more safe now.
One of the requirements of the permit was to have no brush of any kind within so many feet of the new building. I can't remember exactly how many feet, but it was pretty far and seemed extreme to us. My husband hired one of the construction workers to clear the field behind the new shop with his big tractor and backhoe. He even removed these old stumps.
He moved all of the debris into this big brush pile. We are going to have a major bonfire in a few weeks...which should be lots of fun!
There is a seasonal creek that runs through our property and it is pretty close to the back side of where the shop is going. Eric had to shore up the creek to make sure it did not ever overflow and compromise the shop's foundation. He needed a backhoe to do this, which we don't have, so instead of renting one, he bartered for one. My hubby is always bartering and trading; he amazes me with how many friends and connections he has and how many things and services we have received through these transactions. He was able to borrow this tractor and backhoe from a golfing budding in trade for a few rounds of golf!
The only problem is, my hubby does not have a whole lot of experience to operate this tractor, so who did he call.....
...our son, Grayson! He operates heavy equipment every day for his career, so he was more than glad to come over and help his Dad! Actually, our other son, Hayden, has learned how to operate backhoe at his job this summer too, so he was helping as well.
This was such a lovely scene for me to see when I came home from work.
Eric was on the small tractor, Grayson was on the big tractor and Hayden was nearby with his quad and jumped off to play with our dog.
Oh how I love this country life!
Such a beautiful evening!
It's so peaceful!
I love it that my sons have grown to be more than brothers, they are all friends.
Well, the creek is all shored up, the brush is gone and the tree's are trimmed.
The building site is all ready for the inspector to come and give us the building permit.
These things were all accomplished in August and guess how much we have accomplished since then? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. We have been waiting on the county to send out an inspector for 8 weeks! We have been trying to wait patiently, but it's so frustrating. I guess the county has been inundated with requests for building permits, which actually is such a good thing for our economy, but we are ready and waiting and want to start building!
Well.....on Monday after work, this is what I saw laying in the rain in front of the building site!!!
We finally got our permit and they are pouring concrete tomorrow!!! We are so excited for this project to finally come to fruition!!!

"Show me Your ways, Oh Lord, teach me Your paths; guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long." Psalm 24:4-5

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Mardell said...

I'm giddy with excitement!!! The suspense is killing me. LOL

The turkey picture tickled me so!

Your new homestead needs a name....have you thought of one?

Anonymous said...

I just love how you are cleaning up and improving your new property and house. I am an RN and I appreciate other people that care about being neat and clean and keeping things tidy.

Pamela
Ohio

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...