This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, October 21, 2013

Raising the flag!

It's time to raise the flag! The pole is all ready, the hole is prepared and our family is here to help!
The men carried it from the driveway to the spot where it will permanently reside.
Then they lined it up.
We had two men on the roof with ropes to help pull it and guide it.
It was quite an operation!
After much discussion and problem solving it was decided that we needed the help of the tractor.
 Megan, Jeanie and I were at the base and our job was to hold it down and guide it into the 6 foot hole.
It took a lot of engineering.
You don't realize how big and long something like this is until you're trying to raise it!
Okay...here we go!!!!
Everybody lift and pull!
It's getting higher.....
...and higher!
Whoa...it started wobbling a bit and was leaning too far towards the house! My heart was beating so fast, this thing was so big and heavy, if it decided to fall, there was no stopping it.
But, we were able to steady it and it stayed put!
It was quite a spectacle!
Wow, look at that!
The next step was to pour the bags of cement into the hole.
Then we added water.
The cement started setting up right away.
It's so tall!!!
The next step was to create concrete slab at the base. Eric mixed up more cement and poured it in there....
...and Grayson leveled it.
The next step is to raise the flag!  I love this picture, it's so patriotic.
Isn't it beautiful!!!
There she goes!!!
It's almost to the top!
We did it!!!
Teamwork!
The sun is setting, what a beautiful scene!
Cameron and Megan decided to take a photo opportunity of this moment to forever commemorate this day!
Wow! It's just beautiful! This was my husband's dream, he had the vision for it, made a plan, worked hard for it and made it happen! It was a really fun family event.
After we raised the flag we had a delicious meal together.
It was a group effort of barbecued brats, Aunt Kelli's potato salad and deviled eggs, Brittany's delicious pasta salad and Jeanie's brownies for dessert. What a warm and cozy family time we had.
After everyone left Eric went back outside to see it one more time. I love my husband!

God Bless America!!!

(and who would have guessed that our little grandson would be starting to make his appearance just 6 hours later!)

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." II Chronicles 7:14



Hugs, Sharon

6 comments:

Judy said...

It's beautiful Sharon, and your husband must be so proud and excited to have his dream come true. I love that last shot.

jen said...

Looks terrific !

Anonymous said...

And God Bless your family and friends for all the work and help they gave you. And your flag pole looks incredible. Congrats to Eric for having a long time dream come true.

Pamela
Ohio

as always starzie said...

God Bless America and God Bless your family! You will always associate the raising of your flag with the birth of your first grandchild! Just beautiful!
Hugs,
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Hope the baby is ok, noted you took down the pic of him- hope all is well. at our church garage sale a man brought in an oval enamelware turkey platter like yours but painted a bit different- I grabbed it for 5- really love it- bright colors. found a few baby jesus' to start my collection like yours.

Amy Ellen said...

Beautiful. My two youngest and I just enjoyed reading about the process!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...