This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Our new guest room....

Here's our completed guest room!
It turned out pretty warm and cozy!
The walls are the same green as the kitchen and back hallway. It's a very soothing and calming color.
This room will also be our nursery for all of our grandkids, so I decorated with some fun items.
I found this darling coat rack at Goodwill and I hung a vintage child's lunch pail and a vintage child's mug as well as.....
....these cute little doll overalls. These little overalls hung on the wall in Hayden's nursery 19 years ago!
It was kind of hard to make the furniture from the old guest room work in this room, but I finally figured out a way.
My pretty little birthday girl figurines.
On this table I have some cute old pottery planters.
I love the soft colors!
I put the hutch in this corner.
I filled it with some antique baby items.
The stork on the left is one of my favorite pieces.
Isn't this baby savings bank adorable!
I love that sweet baby on the cover of the Better Homes and Garden's Baby Book.
I have a stack of good reads next to the bed. I purposely picked farm books. :)
I have a stack of vintage children's books with a basketful of blocks that my husband made for our boys.
Sweet dreams!!!
Some sweet old pictures of kitties and dogs.
I was thrilled that we found a spot for this antique wardrobe. It is filled with toys for my grandbabies!
Another good read called "Buddy on the Farm"!
I'm happy with the way that the room turned out and we've actually had two guests sleep in here so far and the verdict is that it's very comfortable!
Oops....I should make that three guests if you count this furry one and he agrees, it's very comfortable!

 “My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.” Psalm 62:1-2

Hugs, Sharon

6 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

I see so many things I love. The room is just wonderful...you did a great job decorating...blessings

Randi Jo :) said...

wow that looks amazing!! so happy 4 u

Randi Jo :) said...

P.S. that window & view are amazing!!! I wanna come visit ha

Sue from Albany NY said...

The room is beautiful. I just love the vintage baby/children's books, clothing, and other accessories. Keep up the good work! Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

Love it all! I have some of the off white pottery you do. the vintage things are so perfect- love hanging vintage clothes. McGiver is breaking it in for the baby. great job with placing the furniture and the lighting too.

Sue said...

So warm and inviting, you truly have a gift for making a house a home, I believe that is because your heart is in all that you do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...