This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, September 12, 2013

My birthday.....

 Thank you to those of you who wished me a happy birthday! I just had my 52nd on the 9th. I had a lovely birthday dinner with all of my family that my husband made on Sunday night. I love all of these faces and I'm so thankful for every one of them and for the little one that's on his way!!! I'm also thankful that we now have a big table that we can all easily fit around!!!
Mackenzie and Brittany gave me these beautiful flowers, two nice bottles of wine and a gift card to Penny's.
Cameron and Megan are taking me to a play called Spamalot at the Grove theater in October!
Grayson and Rachelle gave me this awesome pink John Deere sweatshirt now that I'm a country girl! I love it!!!
I got many birthday wishes on Facebook, cards, calls and texts and my mother-in-law and father-in-law sent me a lovely card with a nice cash gift inside. A friend and co-worker brought cupcakes to work for my birthday. She made them and they were so delicious! I feel so loved!
My husband also took me to dinner the evening of my actual birthday at our old favorite spot in the big city (It's just 5 miles away in our little town, but now that we are in the country we call it the big city. haha). We had a lovely date night.
Me at my friends goat farm. February 2013
My favorite gift that I got this year will arrive in two weeks, my husband bought me three goats! I've been wanting goats and chickens for a long time and now that we have acreage, my dream is coming true! He actually bought them from a man down the street and we get to pick them up after we prepare our property for them. I'm so excited!!! We are studying up on how to care for them too. I'll keep you posted! We will wait until next spring to get the chickens.

I had such a lovely birthday and I'm so grateful for my family and friends who celebrated it with me!

"This is the day that the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Hugs, Sharon

6 comments:

Mardell said...

Oh Sharon,
I'm so happy that your birthday was so wonderful! :o) You have a beautiful, loving family who ADORES you! Love your pink JD hoodie, oh my.

Eeek ~ goats, you're going to have so much fun. Goat mama!

Can you email me sometime (mlamb9 at yahoo.com) xoxo

gin said...

Happy Birthday. What a lot of love shown to you!! You are enjoying your farm life I see. Love the goat idea. We Live like 25 minutes from a town, and I always say "we're going into the city." I'm enjoying seeing your new place come together.

jen said...

Your sons are so thoughtful- what terrific gifts!
Wishing you a very happy belated birthday:)
I am enjoying reading about your country adventures so much!

All the best!
Jen in Vancouver

Judy said...

How exciting to be getting goats, we had chickens when we moved here then they quit laying so we butchered them. We are planning to get more layers and meat birds this spring as well. You are going to love having chickens, I loved the farm fresh eggs, right now we are getting them from a neighbor down the road. We love living out in the country, I love the simple life. Are you going to have a garden? I canned over 40 pints of tomato sauce and wished I had more.
I can't wait to see what all you do.

adsgram said...

What a wonderful birthday celebration! Can't wait to see pics of your goats...they are just so friendly and sweet. You should really enjoy them...Lynne

Anonymous said...

really loved seeing the family all around the table- treat enough! Goats are special, bring lots of joyment. guess you are building a place for their home. they can help keep the grass down too. fun fun fun

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...