This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, September 27, 2013

Little sister goat!!!!

 We couldn't stand it....we had to go back and get our mama goat's other twin baby. We just felt like our mama goat, Nellie, was just too sad and upset and seemed to keep looking for her baby.
 This past Sunday morning we called the goat farm and begged them to sell us the little girl and they said they would. So, we stopped in there after church and picked her up! I held her in the front seat of the car. She was really sweet and loving and very calm during the car ride. When we got back home my husband drove the car out to the barn where the goats were. I had my window down and started calling the names of Nellie and Duncan. They both came up to the fence to see what was going on and as soon as Nellie called out to us, the baby girl let out the sweetest little, "bahahahaaa"
 Eric carried the baby girl up to the fence and Nellie recognized her!
 As soon as we opened the gate they all seemed so excited to see each other!
The baby went right up to her mama and tried to nurse, but......
 ...sadly, it was not all rosy though. Nellie butted her away and Duncan acted jealous. My heart sank, "What have we done? Maybe too much time has gone by and Mama is going to reject her baby girl." I was so sad, and I prayed that she would accept her. My husband assured me that she would and we just let them be alone for awhile.
 Thankfully, throughout the afternoon, we noticed that Nellie was showing her more affection and by evening Nellie allowed the baby girl to nurse. I was so happy!
 Aren't they cute! The baby girl looks so much like her mama with the same spotted ears.
 The twins are reunited!
 We decided to name her Daisy!
 They are a happy family again!
 Since we got Daisy, Nellie does not seem as skittish and nervous and they all have been venturing out further on the property to eat. This is such a good thing!
 They are always out together! We have noticed that Daisy is much more brave than her brother and she will get 20 or 30 feet away from her mama when they are grazing!
 They are all so cute!
 Love!
 They happily frolic through our property!
 Nellie, Duncan and Daisy are all being very curious!
I'm so thankful that we were able to get the little sister goat. Now we have a complete little family again!

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than the many sparrows." Luke 12:6-7

Hugs, Sharon

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! daisy was my grandmother's and mother's name. My grandmother spelled her name Daisie- born in 1867. love it they are together. what they say about twins is true. you are never fully just one person- you are always 2. i can look in the mirror at times and I literally see my sister and feel like her. we are not identical. one more to keep warm in the winter too and one more to eat the grass down. so cute walking in line and hanging out together. they will greet you when you come up- so cute.

Anonymous said...

also some good picture to add to your christmas card with the new baby's picture.

Erin said...

Aw glad they are reunited. How sweet

Anonymous said...

That is great news! I hate to see animal families split up,too! Your
goats are adorable. Thank you for letting us know. I was wondering.
Have a good weekend.
Paula

Randi Jo :) said...

Cried when I read this one... OMgoodness sweetest post ever. They are ADORABLE!!!!! Thank you for buying the sister twin... OMG that is soooo cute!!! it made me sooo happy to see them together & know the mommy let her nurse again. i would have been so heartbroken to see her rejecting her baby at first. and SOO rejoicing when they re united. YES!!!! THANK YOU for sharing!! soo beautiful!

Mardell said...

I prayed that you'd be able to get her! Oh how SWEET! Love their names, Sharon. What fun they'll be. (& spoiled!) *wink*

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Sue said...

I am so glad the family is together, you are like me just a softie. ~smile~
Enjoy your weekend.
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...