This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, September 9, 2013

Little black bathroom.....

I got our little black bathroom decorated!
This is how it looked before. It's pretty small, but it has a cute black and white floor and I like the black fixtures!
There was no room in the bathroom to maneuver around, so I set up a card table in the hallway and laid all the decorations on it to help me as I got organized.
I painted several things black.
I have wanted to have a yellow and black bathroom for a long time and had a couple of boxes decorations up in the attic for a couple of years at our old house. Everything was so dusty and dirty, so I had to spend a little time washing everything. I was so thrilled when I learned that our new house had this little black bathroom and I would finally be able to use all this stuff!
It's all done now!
I placed my antique mirror collection on the back of the commode and hung a shelf above that.
I thought this little black metal shelf turned out so cute!
It was fun for me to find all the cute black, yellow and pink things that I had boxed up in the attic and pull them out to decorate with.
I love this vintage zebra planter. He's made by Napco.
This darling elephant planter is also made by Napco.
On this wall I hung some great black and yellow plates, a black floral needlepoint and a black floral tray.
Love the black, white and yellow combo!
This bowl is made by Villeroy & Boch.
Love the yellow plate against the black checkered plate! The yellow plate is Eggshell Georgian by Homer Laughlin.
The sink area is tiny, so I had to get clever with storage space.
The house came with a medicine cabinet which holds a few things.
I'm using small jars and containers to hold things like cotton balls and q-tips.
In this corner I have a neat Paris apothecary jar.
Isn't this little Scottie dog jar sweet!
I hung another vintage metal shelf next to the sink. It also doubles as a towel rack.
More fun black and yellow dishes and accessories.
I hung these sweet little black and yellow decorative dishes.
I found this neat little three tiered table at Goodwill for only $2.99. It was silver and I painted it black. 
It holds towels and other items.
Behind the door I hung two more great antique plates.
I placed this chair in the corner to hold more towels. I am going to paint it black. 
So far I really like how this room has turned out. I am planning on hanging a small print floral yellow wallpaper in here and possibly painting the oak cabinet and medicine cabinet black. I'll keep you posted of the progress!

"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Hugs, Sharon

10 comments:

Erin said...

I would not have known what to do with the black fixtures in the bathroom, but you have done a great job! It is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

well you have pulled it together again lol . A wonderful job too. Is it your birthday too or near it ? If it is Happy Birthday , for some reason it feels like it should be . Donna

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hoping you have a day that is as beautiful as you are. Hugs!

I love the transformation of your cute little black bathroom. I have the exact metal towel rack! (The one by the sink.) Have always wanted to paint it. You're a whizz with spray paint! We had a black & fire engine red bathroom back in 1974. Black toilet, double red sinks, black counter. It was something else. :o)

Brittany's getting closer! Yay!
Are you having a shower soon?

Again, Happy Birthday! My brother is the same age as you today.

Sue said...

Sharon you have the cutest treasures and know just how to place them, I am enjoying seeing you decorate your new home.
Blessings,
Sue

Judy said...

Wow, you did a wonderful job! You always have such great decorating ideas. I love that you added the yellow with the black and white.

Suzanne said...

It looks lovely! Happy birthday!

as always starzie said...

Hi Sharon! Is it your birthday? If so, Happy Birthday! I know this will be a very special year for you! I love your little black and yellow bathroom. It turned out so cute! Your new home is really coming together. Can't wait to see what you do next!
Hugs,
Darlene

adsgram said...

I will join the others wishing you a very Happy Birthday, and thank you for giving US the gifts by sharing your progress. I admit to being a bit envious of those who can imagine the finished product/project, and you have pulled this off so nicely. You have accomplished so much in such a short time....congratulations! It looks great! Lynne

Anonymous said...

Love the bath decor! you have such great thrift store finds there and must have great thrift stores. Love the metal shelves. I only have a small beige one hanging in my small bath too. it is smaller than your bath if you can believe that! Homer Laughlin dates their plates. look on the back and if there is a number, that is the date it was made. I think your yellow plates might be 40s? Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Just found your Oct 1-2009 post about picking berries with Eric- and how you wished you had a place in the country like your friends. eric traded steaks for the berries, you fed the horses apples! so will we see some chickens?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...