This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, September 23, 2013

Getting ready for the goats!

My husband has been working so hard preparing for the arrival of our goats! He went to the farm supply store and brought home several bails of this wire fencing and a big bag of goat feed.
It cracks me up, it's actually called Goat Chow!
He got the lighter weight woven wire fencing.
He ran it all across the lower west side of our property.
Thankfully this area was already fenced in with the horse fence.
He just had to add the wire fencing to it.
This was no easy task though, this is a very large area.
My husband is such a hard worker and I'm so thankful for him.
He did, however, have to install new fence posts and fencing that ran across the back of the property down to the pond.
This was hard work to pound these posts into the ground.
This is going to be a temporary fence until our new neighbors build their new home and we are going to build one together.
He had to take the fence all the way down to the pond.
He put on chest-waders to get the last post into the pond.
He did a wonderful job.
We are getting so excited for the goats to arrive!
He recycled this gate from a section of fence that he took down and it fit perfectly across their pen. He laid a couple of bales of hay inside so they would be warm and comfortable.
This is a real labor of love for Eric to do. He knew I wanted goats and bought them for my birthday and then did all this work to prepare a place for them. I'm definitely a lucky girl!!! Come back tomorrow to see our new family members!

"He who tills his land will have plenty of bread." Proverbs 12:11a

Hugs, Sharon


4 comments:

Judy said...

How exciting. What are you going to do with them? Your farm is really taking shape, have you decided on a name for it yet?

A Romantic Porch said...

I LOVE goats!!! I grew up with goats and MILKING goats two times a day! I will enjoy seeing yours.
xo rachel

as always starzie said...

Hi Sharon! I can't wait to see your goats! I've always thought it would be so much fun to have goats. Are they going to be males or females? Eric did a great job on the fence. You are a lucky gal! The picture of kitty in the cradle is so cute! I lost my sweet kitty a couple months ago. She was 14. Never sick a day in her life. Got ill one day and died the next. I miss her so much! Will check back to see your new babies tomorrow. I'm so glad your son is better. Thank you so much for your prayers. I appreciate it so very much!
Hugs,
Darlene

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
Oh how exciting! Eeek! Eric did a wonderful job on the fence ~ it's huge. The babies will have lots of fun frolicking. They love to climb ~ do you have anything for them to jump on etc? Goats are hysterical to watch when they play.

"Happy Fall" & hugs.

How's Brittany feeling? Hopefully well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...