This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, September 13, 2013

Gateway to paradise!

Our new home has a beautiful circular drive that's fenced in with beautiful white horse fencing.
The problem is, there are two sets of brick posts with wiring, but no lights and there are no security gates. That's something my husband wanted to take care of as soon as we moved in, so he hired a man who makes gates from scratch.
The first step was adding these black iron gate posts.
He installed them on both entries.
They are beautiful and strong.
A few weeks later the men returned with the two completed gates. 
This was an exciting day!
Don't they look great! Here's the finished west gate and.....
.......here's the east. They turned out beautiful. We wanted elegant, but understated and I think that's what we got!
The one on the west driveway has an automatic opener.
We have two remotes, but also a keypad, so the kids can get in too. It's nice because there's a sensor, so when we leave the house it automatically opens.
The automatic opener has solar power, so we didn't need to have electricity all the way out there.
I love feeling so secure!
My husband did the next step, which is to add the lights.
He worked hard at digging out the old power lines that were there, but not hooked up.
You can see that he hooked up the light to the left. They look nice!
He's all finished. I think they look beautiful!
I love how the whole thing looks, it just adds that final touch to the front of our property.
The lights are solar powered as well, so we will never have to mess with electricity out there.
Here's the completed east gate.
No more salesmen coming to our door!
The lights are so cute at night.
It's amazing how much light they give off too!
They light the way to our home!
When we come home after dark it's easy to see our driveway!
They add such a nice touch to our place!
I'm so happy with our beautiful gates and lights, they are not only pretty, but they are so useful and give us a little extra sense of security being out here in the country!

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matthew 7:13-14

Hugs, Sharon

8 comments:

Judy said...

Oh my Sharon, those are so beautiful. I love how they look at night with the lights. I could see horses grazing in that front pasture between the gates.

Mardell said...

Oh Sharon! It's SO elegant! I had to pick my chin up off the floor ~ wow! How lovely.

Next....you need to add seasonal wreaths to the gate (or on the brick columns.) I can just picture big grapevine wreaths decorated for the holidays. You can change them out (use the same wreath, just change the embellishments & ribbon etc.)

Have a wonderful weekend.
HUGS!

PS: 42 days ~ eek!

Anonymous said...

I know- it is a real statement - elegant and yet cozy too. yes decorate for the holidays- the lights are great too. so dark out in the country you need lights! really dress up the entry ways.

Janet said...

They look beautiful and add just the right touch to your property!

Pam said...

Been visiting you for a long time and decided its time to say 'Hello!' Your home is lovely and I like the addition of the gates. I'm watching for cornstalks and pumpkins .. LOL!

Sue said...

Beautiful Sharon, I get giddy coming by to visit and seeing how everything is falling in place.
Wishing you a belated but very Happy Birthday..

Anonymous said...

Those lights and gates are so neat and pretty. You all have gotten so much done in the short time you have lived in your new home.

Pamela
Ohio

Anonymous said...

LOVE the lights and all you have done!!! You have such a touch and your home is so lovely and inviting!! So glad you are keeping us updated!!

Jane from Alabama

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...