This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fun days on the farm.....

We have been working so hard on our new place. I can't believe it's already been almost two months since we got the keys! We have been so busy working here, but we've also had so many fun times too! This was one of my first breakfasts out on our back deck. I love my view! I am also really enjoying my rooster and cow coffee cups now that I am officially a country girl!
I'm so bummed that I didn't get a picture of our first Sunday dinner at our place the week after we moved in because all of the kids were there and we ate on our big farm table in our family room. We had taco salad because it's one of our family's favorite meals and it was the last meal we had at the old house, so it was also the first meal at the new house!
These pictures are taken from the next week's dinner and everyone is with us except Grayson's sweetie, Rachelle.  We love our big covered back deck!
Cameron and Megan enjoying their dessert.
All the kids are enjoying riding the quads! Mackenzie and Brittany (they went very slow...don't be concerned!)
Cameron and Megan.
Eric and I enjoyed a nice romantic barbecued steak dinner when we had an evening alone.
We've also enjoyed having breakfast out on the front porch. Notice my cute cow mug!
We've enjoyed having lots of company as our loved ones are coming over to see our new place. Here's Eric's parents and his sister and her husband.
I picked up my parents and brought them over for a visit.
I took my mom out for a little spin on the quad.
Hayden gave Grandpa a ride.
I love this priceless picture of my mother and I together on the quad.
It was so fun putting around out in the fields with my parents!
I love the country life!
My mom is waving to my Dad. I love this picture. It's good to see them smiling!
Later we had a delicious meatloaf and baked potato dinner. My hubby could not join us because he was in the middle of that huge electrical project going on in our backyard, but my parents, Hayden and I had  a lovely meal together.
A couple of weeks ago my sister-in-law, Barbara and my two nieces, Jillian and Michaela, visited from Maryland. They stayed with us for two nights and we had a great visit.
These quads have become our new favorite pastime! Here I am giving Michaela a ride.
Jillian's driving her Aunt Stacey.
Barbara and Michaela.
One morning we all took a walk down our nearby lane.
On this day we found a white horse!
We went out to lunch and (what else?) went thrifting! I know this is not fun on the farm, but I had to throw it in!
We picked blackberries.
Jillian was loving the country life!
That night we had another barbecue.
All my boys came over and so did Eric's parents.
This house is so nice for entertaining! We have so many places to hang out!
My hubby barbecued his famous drumsticks. We are planning on building a big outdoor kitchen/barbecue area in the backyard for now this is his spot.
We had such a lovely family dinner together.
The next morning Eric showed the city girls how to shoot a gun!
They loved it!
Every day is fun out here! It seems like there's always something new and interesting happening, for instance, here comes Hayden on his quad, but what's he holding?
Why...it's McGyver! Oh my goodness, this is too cute! And only a farm boy would ride his quad and hold a cat with a pipe in his mouth! haha!
I thought the cat would have hated that, but he enjoyed it. He loves Hayden!
The cat got a ride and now Blondie gets a ride! haha! So many fun times!!!
We had a family labor day barbecue this last Sunday. Here's Cameron and Megan.
Here's Hayden with his new sweetie.....Miranda! They've been talking for several weeks and just got together last week. She's a nice girl and they seem really happy.
We had barbecue roast beef, pasta salad and corn on the cob.
Grayson and Rachelle could not make it this time because he was working over-time and she was out of town with her family.
We had our first ever fire-pit out in our backyard.
We had smores and everything!
Hayden and Miranda are staying warm!
So are Cameron and Megan. I am bummed because I didn't to get a shot of Mackenzie and Brittany and Eric and I, oh well...next time I will!
As I was sitting there with my family looking at this beautiful fire right in my own backyard, I was counting my blessings! God has been so good to us in so many, many ways. I am thankful for my family and friends, our health, our jobs and I am so very thankful for this new house and property and all the fun days we get to have on this farm. I give God all the glory for everything!

"Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father Of Lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow." James 1:17

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Sue from Albany NY said...

Sharon, how great is our God! Such beautiful family times. I really enjoy your pictures. I love the country life and can only dream of it for now but through your pictures I feel I'm having a little piece of it!. Thanks for all your postings.

as always starzie said...

Sharon I'm so happy for you! God has blessed you with so many gifts. The most important gift of all, Love! Love of your hubby, love of family, love of special pets and pretty soon love of a precious grandchild! Also health. One of the most important things of all. I know because I'm struggling with health issues. If you can I would appreciate some prayers regarding my health. Thanks so much. You have a beautiful life! Thanks for sharing your special days on your farm!
God bless,
Darlene

Judy said...

Awe, look at all the family time :)
I'm glad you're able to get your home in order so fast. I too love being a country girl.

Anonymous said...

Good to see your parents and that they seem to be doing much better. and eric's too!! Did Hayden get off to school? he looks so much older now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...