This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Fun canister project...

 Before we moved I found these neat canisters at Goodwill.
 They were only $1.99 each.
I fell in love with the vintage fruit motif on the front of each of them. This one is peaches and cherries.
This one is apples and grapes.
This one is yellow apples and nuts. They are gorgeous!
I loved the colors and design, but I was not a big fan of the milk can lids.
So I had the idea to put different lids on them. I bought some old lids to pots and pans. I like them already!
I spray painted the lids black and.....
.....ordered these pretty green glass knobs.
I think they turned out pretty neat!
My new kitchen is green and black and these canisters tie in those colors really well.
This lid is a little large, so I will be on the hunt to find a smaller one.
This one fits nicely and so does the small one.
Do you think I should do something different with the green bottoms? Should I paint a band of cream, black or just leave them be?
I really like how they turned out. Not bad for six bucks! :)

"But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from evil one." II Thessalonians 3:3

Hugs, Sharon

6 comments:

Sue said...

What a great transformation, Sharon, I like the green bottoms, they pick up the color in the knobs, and your wall. Happy Labor Day.
Hugs,
Sue

Anonymous said...

They aRe great , I would tweak them a bit more and do a black band for sure, that will pull the top and bottom together. Donna

Simply Shelley said...

Love what you did to your canister set...the black really brought out the other colors in them. I was catching up on your last few post. Looks like you are in blackberry heaven :) Those little white flowers on the side of the road are called Queen Ann's Lace. We have them here, I think they are so delicate and pretty. Our blackberries bloomed in june and are long gone now...I didn't have the grands pick any because the snakes were really bad this summer. I am happy for you,and so glad you are feeling very blessed in your new home....blessings on your week friend.

Mardell said...

Good morning Sharon,
Wow, what a clever idea ~ I would have never thought to do that! I think you should leave them just like they are. So purty! :o)

Anonymous said...

i like them- they work great with your new kitchen colors. I would live with them for a while before painting the bottom- might be too much black. also if you ever wanted to put them in a garage sale, and if you kept the old lids- you could when you tire of them. good price too.

Anonymous said...

I would leave the green on the bottom. Then you have both of the colors you are using in your kitchen. Pamela in Ohio

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...