This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Farm fresh apples!

We were so pleasantly surprised to learn that we had a couple of apple trees on our property. We had an apple tree at our old house, but it did not produce apples like this tree does! I've been watching them and they are ready for picking!
Aren't they gorgeous!
I could only pick as high as I could reach! Next time I'll have to get a ladder out here.
Well, I got a basketful, that's all I need!
I feel like such a farm girl!
They are so beautiful. I feel proud that I picked these right off of my own property!
I decided to make an apple crisp with them. First I peeled and sliced the apples.
Then I sprinkled cinnamon and sugar all over them and let the sit.
Meanwhile I mixed oatmeal, cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg in a bowl.
Then I added melted butter.
I stirred it until it was completely blended.
Then I crumbled it on top of the apples.
I baked it for 40 minutes at 350.
Mmmm! It looks perfect!
This is a perfect dessert for my visit with my friend Virginia.
I invited her over to give me advise with my problem I'm having with my extended family that has been absolutely stressing me out. She is a strong Christian woman and one of the wisest women I know. She was so sweet to say she'd come over to talk.
I wanted to make something nice and this apple crisp was perfect. We had a great visit and she gave me good advice. I am so thankful for good friends and I'm thankful for the fresh apples off my very own apple tree!

"But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." Galations 5:22-23

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Mary Anne said...

I love your blog! It is one of my favorites and I look forward to reading it. Very uplifting. Prayers for your family situation.

Judy said...

You are so lucky, we had to plant apple trees on our farm here, we also planted cherry and peach trees. Hopefully they'll be producing fruit one of these days. You really are enjoying country life :)

Janet said...

One of my favorite fall desserts...and how wonderful that the apples came from your own trees! I love your dishes and mugs...so pretty! I hope your family situation gets resolved soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...