This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Back to school......

 Even though I don't have any little ones going back to school, I still made a small back to school display on our front porch.
 It was fun for me to try and put together a new display at the new house. I think it turned out pretty cute!
This little antique school chair is a new find! I bought it at a rummage sale for only $2.00. It's perfect for my little display!
 I have a mini chalkboard.
 Some vintage school books tied together with a leather strap along with an apple for teacher and some wise old owls!
 I hung a pair of antique roller skates on the back of the chair.
 I had a pair just like these when I was a girl and I even had the same key!
 I topped off the display with a plaid antique metal lunch pail and some tike-sized yellow rubber boots.
 One thing I'm a little disappointed in with the new house is there's really not a kitchen windowsill. If you've followed my blog for long, you know that I always change out my windowsill displays for the holidays and seasons.
 I made it work, but the water faucet is actually in the way of seeing it and there's a gap behind the wood where the window frame is. I'm thinking a good solution might be if I find a long skinny tray that can fit back there.
 For now though, I placed a few cute little items and it's cheerful and fun.
My youngest son, Hayden, decided not to go back to Pacific University and is living at home and will be going to the local community college in a few weeks, so in reality, I do have a kiddo going back to school! Also, in 6 years my little yet-to-be-born grandson will be going off to kindergarten, so I think I'll still keep putting up my back to school display. Plus, we're all kids at heart, right?

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Hugs, Sharon

7 comments:

Sue from Albany NY said...

September is one of my favorite months. Your decorations are beautiful. I had a red plaid lunchbox when I was in kindergarten.After that I changed schools and had to come home at lunchtime. A belated happy birthday to you. Hope it was a blessed day. I celebrated my BD on September 8th.

Anonymous said...

Such a shame about Hayden not returning to Pacific.
It is a wonderful university and so much better than the local community. I do hope he doesn't regret that decision in the future.
Will he return to living at home?.

Betsy.

Carol said...

Your front door vignette is so cute! Your grandson will love all your seasonal decorations. Enjoy!

Smiles,
Carol

as always starzie said...

I love your Back To School display! I always felt September was the beginning of the year not January! Fall is my favorite time of year. And you are right about having a Grandchild in the near future going to school. I can't believe my oldest Granddaughter started kindergarten this year! Time flys! My advice is to slow down and appreciate every moment with your Grandchild. As mothers we get so busy and really can miss moments with our children. But as a Grandparent you can slow down and relish and appreciate these special times! You will love being a Grandma!
Hugs,
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Very cute decorations! First day of school came and went in our house :( To busy trying to get into the groove with everyones schedules. Not wanting to pry, but, were you able to do the bag lady trip this year? Maybe I just missed it?
B

Anonymous said...

So so cute! I just love how you have decorations for every holiday and all events. And very glad we have blogs and the internet so we can see your talent in decorating. I read all your posts and have from day one. Thanks for all the posts and pictures of your new home. And keep them coming! Cant wait to see your family room!

Pamela
Ohio

Judy said...

I miss having my children go off to school. I have always loved your school decorations and the chair just ties it all together. We had an old school desk that the kids used to play with. I wish I still had it now :)
Was it your birthday? Happy "belated" Birthday, I'll be 52 in October.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...