This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, September 16, 2013

A shower of blessings......

 We had a baby shower for Brittany last Sunday!
Her friend, Alisha, gave the shower for her and hosted it at her mother-in-law, Sally's beautiful home. When I got there Alisha and Sally were working so hard with the help of several of Brittany's other friends. Everything turned out so gorgeous!
The table was so pretty. The nursery colors are gray, orange and teal, so Alisha incorporated these colors for the party.
The cake was so pretty and absolutely delicious!
 God created this baby! I love this verse! "For You created my innermost being, You knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:12.
 The beverage table was so cute. What a clever idea to serve bottled juices and teas with straws!
 Alisha did so many creative things. I love this photo banner she made of Brittany's and the baby's progress. She also made those darling dot mobiles hanging over the cake table.
 We ate outside on the patio and it was so gorgeous.
 I felt like we were at a fancy restaurant!
 The centerpieces were so cute. Alisha took mason jars and decorated each one differently with lace and jute string and filled them with wild flowers. She also made cute little pots filled with succulents that were the game prizes. Alisha's husband, Eric, made the charming log votive holders and she made the little "blessing" signs that are hung on each one. These were party favors for all of the shower guests!
Oh how I love this girl and how I love my soon to be born grandson!!!
Brittany and Alisha! I love these pictures of these best friends.
Brittany and I with my other girls, Megan and Rachelle and my sister, Kelli.
Alisha, Brittany and Natalee. Brittany is blessed with many friends who are such amazing young women. It's so wonderful to see them all married and having babies, and to see them all being wonderful wives and mothers teaching their babies in the Lord and being young Proverbs 31 women!
She was blessed with so many lovely gifts!
It was so fun for me to see all the darling baby boy outfits and other things for him. It's getting so exciting! He'll be here in just five weeks!!! I can't wait to see him and hold him!!!
What a lovely afternoon we had. I am so thankful for my son and his wife and for this new life they have created in the Lord! I'm so thankful that my kids are surrounded by such loving friends too!

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations."  Jeremiah 1:5

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Baby England!!

Anonymous said...

Where's Kathi and her girls?

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful day! Brittany looks like she is ready. Love the colors for the nursery. Noted your white crib in the guest room. the tree log candles were very creative- nice gift. the cake looks professional. nice to see you with your girls.

as always starzie said...

What a lovely shower Brittany's friend gave her. I love baby showers. And your little one will be here soon! That's so exciting! I just read about your tennis elbow and Hayden. I hope both of you are feeling much better. I will keep you in my prayers. I have rheumatoid arthritis and I have been in so much joint pain in just about every joint. So I know what you are feeling. Again I will pray for you and Hayden. And if you will keep me in your prayers I would appreciate it!
Take care.
Hugs,
Darlene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...