This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A red corner hutch!!!

After I put my living room together, I thought that this corner needed a little umph, but what could I do?
Then I remembered this little blue corner hutch that I bought at a garage sale last year for $15.00.
Hey, I think it just might work here! I thought it would be great painted red.
I took it out to the front porch and prepped it.
I had this old can of red paint left over from another project. It's Apple Red by Rust-oleum.
Oh my, it seems a tad bright.
Wow, I hope it will calm down when it dries.
Well, I've gone this far, I might as well finish!
It is bright, but I think it will look cute in the living room. I hope so.
I actually think the color is great, don't you? I might as well start filling it.
All done. What do you think? I like that bright red.
I think it's definately what that corner needed.
It really brings that cottegy feel to the room.
I displayed a few of my favorite things in here. On the top shelf I have a cute old planter with two little love birds in a tree with two cool plates behind it; an antique floral plate is resting in front of a newer dragonfly Majolica plate.
On this shelf I displayed a fruit plate with some fun planters, a cute little tennis-playing dog and a frog with his lily pad.
I put a few of my favorite old books on this shelf flanked by two fruit plates and my wonderful paper mache bunny.
Isn't he great! He's a reproduction, but looks so old!
I placed a few of my favorite plates here with a playful old hound.
This house plate is one of my all time favorites. It's such a cozy little cottage!
I displayed this marvelous old needlepoint of a wintry farm on the bottom shelf.
I'm very happy with how this shelf turned out. Now I'm really tempted to paint a table and curio cabinet in the entryway the same color.

"For whoever want to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for Me and for the gospel will save it." Mark 8:35

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Mardell said...

I love it!! Oh my goodness, it's perfect, Sharon. I can imagine it at Christmas, Valentine's etc. You can have a lot of fun with it. Flameless candles will be perfect tucked here & there.

Your vintage chicken coffee cup is awesome!
The fruit plates remind me of your canister set.

Your home is so cozy already!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon

I like the shape and the color you painted your hutch. Cant wait to see the other pieces of your furniture you plan to paint.

Pamela
Ohio

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...