This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pleasant, peaceful property.....

I cannot believe all of the beauty around our new home and property. It starts every morning with the most beautiful sunrises. 
I cannot believe it.
I sit on my porch just thanking God for this amazing blessing.
Good morning world!
One day I looked out the window and stopped in my tracks! Look at all that fog settled down in the little valley below us.
It's simply breathtaking!
I love this charming little lane down to the barns.
My husband wants to yank out these old fences and I'm begging him to keep them, they are so charming.
I love the old gates around our place too.
What a beautiful scene of these horses in the morning.
I love our circular drive.
The previous owners are Christians and they erected this old rugged cross. We love it.
The sun is glimmering over the field.
This is the view from the back of the house.
It's so peaceful.
The previous owners knew a thing or two about flowers.
I do believe they planted a seasonal yard because since we started looking at the house in April there have been different things in bloom.
I need to get out my garden book and learn what these flowers are.
I'm so thrilled to have several hydrangea plants!
Brilliant purple gladiolas!
There's also white Glads and....
.....coral Glads.
Beautiful petunias.
Love this yellow rose.
I'm not sure what this pretty lavender plant is.
There are several gorgeous lily plants and they are soooo fragrant!
I believe these are called bachelor buttons.
Flowering succulents.
Bleeding heart.
Another beautiful rose.
We have a pretty little pond with waterfall in the backyard (not to be confused with the large pond out by the barns). When it's turned on the sound is so tranquil.
It even came with a koi fish!
One of my favorite things is our daily visit from this family of turkeys. They are so beautiful.
We have many different varieties of trees on our property. This little area has a grove of firs.
I love this old charming picket fence and gate.
This is the back field behind our house. 
We have a few fruit trees too!
We have a couple of varieties of apples.....
....and a miniature plumb. We also have a cherry tree.
My favorite tree that we have on our property are the many oak trees.
They are so majestic and beautiful.
This tree out in the front pasture is my favorite.
I am thrilled that our property has these gorgeous white horse fences.
We actually have a fully fenced circular drive. It's like a dream! I'm so thankful!
I feel like this is a gift from God.
It's one of those things that I've always wanted, but it was not on our mandatory, must have list for our new house. I feel like God has given me so many extras like this.
There are cute gates and old fences all over the property.
A sweet little bird is taking a break and resting on top of one of the gates.
This is what the back side of our property looks like. It's so peaceful!
A funny thing that blesses my heart is that we get to see log trucks go by several times a day. When I was a little girl, we saw log trucks all the time, but since the mid 1980s, so many of Oregon's saw mills have closed down and we quit seeing the log trucks. I love hearing them come in the distance and then getting to see them drive by with a full load of logs!
The sun is going down now.....
It's time for bed! I am so very thankful to God for blessing us with this amazing house and property out in the country. I still can't believe it!

"I will give thanks to the Lord according to His righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High." Psalm 7:17

Hugs, Sharon

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ! The first plant is a hosta , gorgeous , many varieties that thrive is shaded areas , under trees. Thanks for sharing. Donna

Anonymous said...

wow every day a vacation and a retreat all in one. I would keep the old fences, they have character and are rustic- I am sure eventually they will need to be replaced down the road, but i like them. love the horses and turkeys. you have such a great yard, will have many wonderful times out there for sure.

Sue from Albany NY said...

Sharon, thank you so much for sharing the views of your property with us!. Truly a gift from God!

Theresa said...

Love the tour of your new property, it was tranquil, almost like being there, so quiet, still, refreshing and calming. So happy for your family on this new adventure in life. I live in a small rural area in Georgia, there is so much beauty in nature. We often sit on our deck, watching the squirrels gathering nuts for winter, jumping around in the trees, we have bird houses, watch the birds going into house to feed their young. We are retired so we now have time to enjoy these relaxing times. Thanks for sharing with us, look forward to seeing you decorate the house. You are about to go an adventure of being a grandmother, this will one of the most fun times in life.

jAne said...

i love it all. all!! so thankful you're blessed with every good thing. :)

Mardell said...

Oh so beeeautiful!! My 9 yr. old son even enjoyed your pictures, Sharon. Your new home is stunning. You & Eric have earned this beauty ~ many years of hard work!

I love your new china closet. Wow! So many blessings you have. And I knew that you'd cozy it up in no time!

Have a wonderful weekend! :o)

Rose of Sharon said...

Thank you everyone for your comments! We love it here!!!

@ Mardell....that's so cute that your son enjoyed the pictures! Thank you for your sweet card. :)
@ Jane, yes, I will be praying!!!! How fun if this happened!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...