This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Our 31st wedding anniversary!

 A few weeks ago my hubby and I celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary! We were so busy with our projects with our new home that we decided we were not going to go out to celebrate, but rather enjoy a nice romantic dinner at home. We took a little spin on the quad around our property that afternoon, which was so much fun!
 I set the table in our dining room.
 I didn't have time to plan anything super exciting for our table setting. I used Eric's grandmother's china with pretty red wine goblets.
Eric's great-grandmother made this amazing quilt that we are using for our tablecloth.
I recently found this vintage wedding topper at a thrift store and I thought it would be a perfect centerpiece for our anniversary dinner!
 These fun wooden napkin holders should give you a clue as to what I made for our dinner.....
 ....you guessed it....LOBSTER!!!! This is the first time I made it and it turned out perfect! I bought them on sale at the market and the butcher told me how to prepare them. You cut their shells across the top with scissors and remove the meat, but then place it back in the shell. You place them in about an inch of water in a 13x9 casserole dish and place in the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes.
 I also made corn on the cob and a delicious green salad with the works!
 Everything turned out so wonderfully!
 The meal was delicious!
The lobster turned out fantastic! We dipped it in garlic butter and it melted in our mouths. I will definitely be making this again.
My hubby's reading his card I gave him. We have much to celebrate and be grateful for!
 The store-bought cheesecake for dessert was perfect!
Who needs to go out for an expensive dinner when you can have all of this? haha. We had a wonderfully romantic evening together.
I love this man so much. I am so thankful to the Lord everyday for giving me Eric.

"But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.' 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Mark 10:6-9

Hugs, Sharon

7 comments:

gin said...

So sweet. Happy anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

wow what a journey you all have had and God has blessed you with!! congratulations on the lobster cook= and the 31 years. Hope there are many more to come. thanks for sharing. love the quilt and the dishes!!! so nice to bring family in to the meal. love the centerpiece. I have a friend who collects these and she has a ton of vintage ones- so nice.

Sue said...

Happy Anniversary to both you and Eric, wishing you many more happy years together, enjoyed the photos, the menu was fantastic.
Blessings,
Sue

Anonymous said...

also love seeing your things out and used in the new house.

Sue from Albany NY said...

Happy Anniversary and may you have many many more blessed years together!

Judy said...

Happy Anniversary! I wish you many more wonderful years together.
Being that I quilt and love quilts, my eye went right to your quilt on the table.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Sharon! It has been fun to see your new place!
You must be so happy! I'm glad your
parents are doing well,too!
Good to see your posts again! Always
look forward to them. Take care!
Paula

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...