This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, August 26, 2013

Creating artwork for our back entry......

I bought these vintage magazines at a garage sale several years ago. I planned on framing them and hanging them in my home, but never really had a good place for them at the old house. I was so excited when I found them during our move and realized that I had the perfect spot for them at the new house. First let me tell you a bit about them.
They are darling old homemaking magazines from 1928!!!!
Mrs. B.P. Pierce of Stockton California was the lucky recipient of these magazines and......
.....she only paid ten cents a copy for them!!! I loved the artwork on the covers and thought they would be perfect to frame and hang in my home.
I found these secondhand black frames and thought they would be perfect!
I was disappointed though at how the magazines looked against the white mats, so what's a clever creative girl to do?
Well......she simply spray paints the mats black! It took a couple of coats, but they turned out wonderfully!
This is much better! Look at how the magazine pops against the black! I kept the magazines intact, they were thin enough to fit in the frame as is without destroying them!
The illustrations are amazing!
So quaint!
So cute!
Beautiful! Look at the detail on the brick steps and the flowers.
This is what they look like framed!
I was very pleased!
They turned out really great.
Come back tomorrow and you'll see how the whole room turned out!

P.S. It is so fun for me to have projects to do again. I am really, really enjoying this new home!!!

"Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love Him and keep His commandments, to a thousand generations." Deuteronomy 7:9
Hugs, Sharon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow what a find- great job on framing them and hanging them up. they look good against the green too.

Anonymous said...

Those look wonderful Sharon , what a great idea to spray paint the matts. I moved in April and still have many things to do . Donna

Erin said...

Those look great! I really like the black mats.

Anonymous said...

They turned out really good. I
love the look of the old-fashioned
magazines,also. Your color choices
look nice together. Have a great day.
Paula

Simply Shelley said...

I like those,but of course the last one is my favorite..with the little girls and doll buggy...blessings

Judy said...

What a clever idea, I can't wait to see the whole room.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...