This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, June 8, 2013

We know what we're having!!!!

Last Thursday I saw my beautiful grandchild for the first time! It was love at first sight!!!
Let me back up a bit first. My son, Mackenzie, and his beautiful wife, Brittany, are having their first baby (and our first grandbaby) in October. I was so touched and so thrilled that they invited both me and Brittany's mother, Patti, to come along with them to the gender reveal ultrasound! First I met Brittany and Patti for lunch.
Then we headed over to the doctor's office and Brittany checked in.
Mackenzie worked that morning, so he met us at the doctor's.
Patti and I are so excited!!! This is my first grandchild and it's her third. :)
There's the baby! It's waving hello to us! What a darling profile it has!!! We were most thrilled though to learn that it's healthy and perfect! Praise the Lord!
What precious little feet! It has Mackenzie's feet, but Brittany's toes!
Can you believe these images? They are so clear and amazing. Here's the baby telling us that it's #1!!!!
We found out what it was, but had to keep it secret until the next night when they had a "Gender reveal" party with their friends.
All I can say is that I am sooooo excited!
Brittany's so amazed by her baby!
We had fun looking at the pictures and talking about this sweet baby!
What a fun and special day this was!!!! I will always treasure it in my heart!
Okay, time for the gender reveal party!
What a cute idea! They invited all of their friends over for cake and punch and to hear the big announcement!
What a cute table!!!
What will it be? A boy or a girl? They're not tell'n! haha!
The cake will reveal the answer! "He or she? Open to see!"
Dunt...dunt..da.daaa....I see blue frosting!!!!
IT'S A BOY!!!!!
They are so happy and so proud!!!
Brittany put these two photos together from when they were both first born. How can he NOT be adorable when he's going to be a mix of these two cuties? Brittany is so beautiful and peaceful, what a darling baby she was. Mackenzie's expression looks like he's not a happy camper, but the truth is he wasn't, I pushed for 2-1/2 hours to get him out and he was exhausted. Poor little guy. He was such an adorable baby though, oh honey!
I am so thankful for this new little life! I praise God for this sweet little baby boy. I pray that he will always love and serve the Lord. I pray that God will give Mackenzie and Brittany Godly wisdom, direction, guidance and discernment as they raise this young man. I cannot wait to meet my little grandson face to face and to whisper in his ear how much grandma loves him!

"For You formed my inward parts; You knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in Your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." Psalm 139:13-16

Hugs, Sharon

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this post, Sharon!
Congratulations!
I was hoping 'boy' : )

What a beautiful baby- his little profile is so clear! Isn't it amazing - the works of our God?!
So happy for you!
Sure miss your blog postings- anxious to see your lovely new home!
God bless!

Sue said...

Congratulations to all, Sharon, what a wonderful, incredible journey God is taking all of you on, from one grandparent to another you are going to have so much fun, thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Anonymous said...

I keep checking in to see if you are posting as I really miss your blog and news - I was so happy to see your news - what a cute way to reveal with the cake frosting.

With best wishes to all your family - I am sure Brittany and Mackenzie will be wonderful parents and what a great Grandma you will be:)

Tracy in the UK

gin said...

congratulations!! i am excited for you!

Anonymous said...

wow congratulations! just thought you had posted so I checked in. so great to see you all. what a great idea a reveal party- inside the cake. never heard of that before - but a great idea. cant wait to see him too. any names yet? thanks for updating us.

Anonymous said...

However, I had a friend and both times the sonogram said girl and she had 2 boys- so never know until they are here.

Simply Shelley said...

Beautiful and so clear sonogram pictures....a sweet little boy...congrats on your precious grandson....blessings

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
Aaaawwww! I'm so thrilled for your family. Doing the happy dance here! So thankful he's healthy. Mama's taking good care of him. Brittany looks amazing!

Congratulations again! Now you can start shopping, Grandma. (If you haven't already! Wink.)

adsgram said...

:)

Kathi said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you. The baby is adorable. I loved their cute party. Hugs, Kathi

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon,
I can only imagine how happy you must
be! You will be a wonderful grandmother. It's been good to see
a few posts again from you.
You have a lot of new things to look
forward too. I'm really happy for
you. Congratulations!
Paula

Judy said...

How exciting to have a grandson! Congratulations to all! There is so much going on in your life, and it's all good. Praise God!

Molly's Art Designs said...

Congratulations to you all!!! Another sweet little boy running around your house! Blessings-Molly

as always starzie said...

A little boy! That's wonderful. Just think of all the experience you have with little boys! My daughter did the same thing with a cake. It really is a fun way to let everyone know boy or girl! So happy for all of you! Have fun shopping for cute little boy items!
Hugs,
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! A boy! That is so exciting! :) :) :)

Chrissy from Pittsburgh PA said...

Congratulations Everyone!! I knew it would be a boy - you have so many handsome sons, how could it not be a boy. I have 5 brothers, I should know. lol I miss you Sharon, your blogs are wonderful and get me through the day,they are so Godly. Everyone just loves you!! Can't wait to meet the new baby (pictures lol) and your new house. I am sure it is going to be beautiful also. Again Congrats!!!
Praise God - he is AWESOME!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...