This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Sunday, June 30, 2013

A tour of our new home!

 As you know, we sold our house and bought a new one. :0) We are so thrilled! Today I thought it would be fun to give you a new home tour.
 It's a ranch style home on 7 acres. It has a circular drive with a beautiful white horse fence all around it and a lovely traditional sidewalk leading up to the front porch where it turns to this gorgeous brick front patio.
 I think I will have a lot of fun decorating this area. I will put our wicker set out here for starters and I'm thinking about adding a lot of large terracotta pots with red geraniums. I cannot wait until I get to have a relaxing morning out here with the Lord and my Bible and a cup of coffee.
 This is the entryway. Isn't that front door pretty!
 From the front door you can look strait down a hallway to a backdoor. I don't like that door, it looks like they put a front door on the back. I'd like to replace it with a door that is half window and it would be so fun to have a dutch door!
Here's the fireplace in the living room. We are going to take out the wood TV cabinet. I'm not sure if I want to keep the shelves on the walls either. They do give nice storage, but I have no wall space in here! That's the wood stove that we had to take out. We are going to get another one, but with glass doors so we can see the beautiful fire.
 The living room and dining room are connected and we have a wall of windows. This will be so nice compared to our dark living room now.
 It's a nice big living room and I'm happy that most of our furniture will fit in here.
 I like the dining room, but I'm sad it's not walled off like our current one, so that it is it's own room and has more of an intimate feel. Down the road we might add a wall in between those two windows.
 This is the view from the dining room into the kitchen. I would like to extend that little wall about three more feet to make the dining room more intimate and also give me another full wall to put my china buffet against.
 Here's the kitchen. It is not really my style, but for now I can work with it.
It's an L shape and seems really long and not fun. Eventually I am going to paint the cabinets cream and once we get in there, I'm hoping there will be room for a small island. I would like to paint the walls green and have black accents.
 It does have this nice pantry.
 It also has this neat brick wall. At one time this used to be a working fireplace! I wish I could make it like that again, but I need the storage space. The current owners have this little hutch inside there, but they are taking it with them. I am planning on placing a hutch here, but not inside the wall.
I am really hoping there will be room for me to put a little table there with two chairs. This might not be possible though because there's the door to the laundry room right there. I sure hope I can make this work!
This seems really odd to me....the laundry room is right in the middle of the house. I'm thinking that originally this was all part of the kitchen and could have been an eating area. My husband and I are talking about moving it some day. The house has a three car garage, plus outbuildings and my husband is going to build a shop, so we can very easily turn one of the garage bays into a big mud room/laundry room, which I would LOVE! Then we would open up this area and it would be a butler's pantry and pass through.
 This is the main bathroom, which is around the corner from the laundry room (it sits behind the kitchen stove). I was actually excited to see the black toilet and sink because I've always wanted to have a black and yellow bathroom! This will be a fun room to decorate.
 So lets walk back through the kitchen and.....
 .....head through this door into........
......the HUGE family room!!!!
This room will be wonderful for our family movie nights and there's room for a huge 10 foot family farm table! I'm so excited! These first two photos were from the internet and the below photos are what it looked like when we toured the home.
 It's hard to visualize with all the deer head, but I think we will be able to make this warm and cozy in no time!
 There's a sliding glass door to a big covered deck with a hot tub!!!
 There's a nice little bathroom right off the family room and it even has a steam room!
It also has this nice big walk in closet right off of the family room. I'm going back and forth with...do I want to put all my holiday decorations in here or do I want to put my spare china and serving pieces in here? I'm thinking china!
There are about 5 steps down to the 3 car garage. This is the bay that I am hoping we can convert into a laundry room and mud room.
We are really excited to have all of this garage space!
Okay, lets go back inside the house now. So when you walk in the front door, this hallway is to the left. There is a lot of wood paneling and for now we are going to leave it as is. Ten years ago I would have said, "Paint it all!" but now I feel differently and it's growing on me. I think it would be wise for us to live with it for awhile before we make any decisions. I am going to put a hutch at the end of the hallway and paint it red. I think that would really make it pop!
The house has three bedrooms and this is the first one on the left. This will be Hayden's room.
This is the second room on the left and it will be our guest room.
And this is the final room of the house, the master bedroom.
It's nice and large and I'm so thrilled that all of our furniture will fit in here!
 It's got a very large master bath with two sinks and storage!!! Woot woo!!!
It has a shower and a jacuzzi tub!
I think the thing I am most excited about is this large walk in closet!!! I have never had one before and I really need one! I am so thankful to God for everything in this house! Let's go outside now, I want to show you a few things.
This is the fabulous covered deck that's right off of the family room.
This will be so nice for our rainy days in Oregon! Check out the hot tub!!! I cannot believe that we are actually going to have a hot tub!!! Again....we are sooooo excited!
This space will be so wonderful for entertaining. I would love to hang a chandelier out here!
Beyond the deck there are these two little cute outbuildings.
 This one is adorable. I love the cute door.
 We just thought it was a shed, but it's actually a canning kitchen! There's a sink and a place for a stove! This will be so nice when Eric cans salmon. A long time ago I canned peaches, but I've never done it since. I would love to try it again and can all kinds of fruits and vegetables.
 The other house is a store room, which I am going to turn into an art studio and start my life long dream of oil painting!
 Let's walk back to the deck and if we head towards the side of the house you can see all of this fabulous cement work. There are cement paths and steps everywhere in the front and the back of the house. I love all the brick work too.
 They kept their garden right here, but we are going to plant grass and make this a fun play area for our grandkids. We would love to create an outdoor barbecue/kitchen area and fire pit. I also want Eric to set up a horseshoe pit over here someplace. We will put the garden to the south of this area.
Well, that's the grand tour! I hope you like it! We sure do!!!

We will be moving in 10 days!!! For now though, we have tons to do at the old place packing up 19 years worth of stuff. I am up to my eyeballs in boxes and my back is getting sore, but we are getting really excited about it and can't wait!!!!

Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.” Psalm 37:5

Hugs, Sharon

9 comments:

Judy said...

Oh my goodness Sharon, this is beautiful! You are so going to love it! I love your front porch and back decks. I wish ours were covered. I'm so happy for you two.

Beth said...

What an exciting time for you! Your new house is lovely. It has plenty of room for your growing family to gather, and just in time for the grandkids!

Anonymous said...

Sharon 15 years ago when we bought our empty nest house. We also bought a ranch with a finished basement and some unfinished for storage. After having a tri level. I wanted everything on 1 floor.

I can not wait to see your special decorating touch on this house! You are just a great decorator! And I am also like you I like my dining walled off. You all are gonna be so busy re decorating. But it is gonna be so fun!

Pamela
Ohio

elizabeth said...

What a fabulous house! Can't wait to see what you do to make it your home!

Anonymous said...

WOW Sharon what a treat- love it all. such great possibilities, you will love that porch and back deck - and wow what a family room!!!! guess the TV will go in there. wow your christmas party will be fabulous!!! the kitchen is really large!! and great windows all through the house is wonderful. and the 2 extra buildings- wow you can do a lot with those too- a canning ktichen - how wonderful. looks like great storage too. Living with it for awhile is a good idea- other ideas may come as you live with it for paint, furniture placement - you could put hour china cabinet to make a wall between the LR and the kitchen instead of putting it on the wall for now to see if you want a wall there. like the idea to extend the wall toward the kitchen though. you are use to wall space for decor so can see the bookcases going - lots of decor space in them. I guess they are built in so can move them, sure Eric could use the wood though, maybe keep the bottom half for storage and free the upper wall space. thanks so much for sharing, we have all been waiting anxiously to see inside!!!

Anonymous said...

I have to add I love this house! You and your husband have made a great choice! Your family and friends are gonna have so much fun when they visit you there. I can stop looking at the pictures!

Congrats Sharon and to all your family!

Pamela
Ohio

Julie K said...

Sharon, I don't have a blog but I love to read them, and yours is one of my absolute favorites. I think your new house is wonderful, and the seven acres will be fun for the dogs to explore. Enjoy making memories in your new home, I think you will be very happy with the move!

gin said...

thanks for the tour. its a lovely house and so many new memories will be made there.

Jane from Alabama said...

Looks like the perfect home for your family! I can't wait to see how you add your touch to each room. Thanks for sharing with us!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...