This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

We're moving!!!!!

We sold our house and we're moving from here.....
.....to here!!!!!
We have wanted to move to the country for probably 15 years, but nothing was working for us. 
Seven years ago we found a place on 52 acres, but we could not sell our house, so that deal fell through.
We have been looking ever since and nothing worked out for us....that is until now!
 I believe that God had us wait for His perfect timing. He allowed all the boys to grow up in our yellow home before this happened, including our youngest son who graduated from high school last year. We are now waiting for our first grandchild to arrive in the fall and this house is going to be perfect for grandkids!
 It's an older home sitting on 7 beautiful acres! We are thrilled!
 We've been dreaming of being out in the quiet country for so long and it is so peaceful and quiet out here.  What's so nice about this place though, is that even though it's out in the country, it's only 5 minutes from town and it's just about 4 miles from our current home!
 The property is stunning with the beautiful trees, fields and.....
....a small creek and something I've wanted my whole life......
....a beautiful pond!
I cannot believe that the Lord blessed us like this.
There's even a Lilac tree in the back, something I have longed for for many years. It also has big beautiful Hydrangeas and Iris's in the front yard!
I feel like I got everything on my wish list in a home! God is so good! It doesn't have a shop, but my husband is going to build one. The kitchen is not my style and there will be no budget for awhile to remodel it, but I think I can tweak it to be cozy and comfy for us for now. I cannot wait to get in there, but you know what....
....I'm going to miss this old yellow house. :( I am so emotional about it. I don't think we have buyers remorse, but we have a little bit of seller's remorse. This old house was so good to us. We raised our four sons here, we had many parties and gatherings, wedding showers, baby showers and we celebrated many holidays here. We had so many wonderful family dinners. We also had family arguments, sickness, sadness here, but mostly happy things. This is a happy house and it will be dearly missed.
God has been so good to us the past 19 years while we were in this home, it will be exciting to see what God has in store for us at our new place.  

"Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." Mark 11:24

Hugs, Sharon

24 comments:

elizabeth said...

Congratulations! I'm excited to see photos of your new place here!

Simply Shelley said...

Congratulations...can't wait to see inside. God is very good indeed....blessings :)

Judy said...

Congratulations Sharon that is AWESOME!!! My husband and I had always wanted to move to the country but just couldn't afford anything in the county we lived in. Then in 2010 we sold our home and moved to the country, only we moved 3 1/2 hours from our home where we raised our children. The good thing is we sold our home to our son and dil so we get to go back and see the changes they are making to make it their home. Your new home is beautiful and so is the property, I love the fence going into the property. I'm very happy for you and your husband.

adsgram said...

Well, Girl, when you take a break, you sure come back with a BANG! :) Your little yellow house will soon become "the dream home that someone else has always wanted" just as your 'country home' will be for you. Moving cannot erase the memories of all you shared there, and now the new ones shall begin...good luck with all the new and exciting changes and God bless you all! ♥, Lynne

gin said...

congratulations!! but, I am so surprised. Can't wait to see everything once yall move in. And I can't believe we have so much in common. We, too, moved from our home of 30 years to an hour away for "retirement". I totally know the feelings you are facing.

as always starzie said...

Congratulations Sharon! I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd check out some things on my iPad. I was surprised to see you had posted something. What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you! Your new home looks beautiful and I can't wait to see more pictures!
God bless you & your family!
Hugs,
Darlene

Anonymous said...

wow- we will miss that yellow house with the red door too!!!!It was such a perfect house I am sure you all did well!! Nice new chapter begins. all sorts of projects coming your way. glad it is so close to town though. blonde and your cat will love it too. looks like a lot more room for bigger parties. cant wait to see the Christmas party out there!! Congratulations - God is good!! Keep us posted. wont be long before the grandbaby is here too!! Lots of new things coming. thanks for sharing and keeping us up to date. hope your parents are doing good too.

Anonymous said...

I hope there is enough space for all of your wonderful holiday decorations and dish sets too!! will you be having a garage sale? Not sure if I could make it from Texas though. How big is the house?

Anonymous said...

So excited for you Sharon ! Your new place looks so nice , can't wait to see pics of the inside . You will have it cosied up in no time at all . Donna

Anonymous said...

oh yes the packing lol . I just moved recently myself and I thought I had a lot of dishes to pack . I thought of you often as I was packing mine up . If I lived near you I would come and help you with all of your lovely pieces . Donna

Beachse said...

Congratulations and many blessings to you in your new home. I know you will have great fun fixing and "fluffing" it up. And so many great memories to make. Looking forward to seeing more.

Randi Jo :) said...

YAY!! That is awesome!! congrats! :) I'm so excited and happy for you. hope you will be able to share this journey with us but if you're too busy making it a home, that's okay, too!!! you all are so blessed :) ENJOY!!!

Sharon said...

Wow I was blown away by this post. I had been desperately missing your posts and checking now and again for your return. Today I had a good feeling I would find something... and what a glorious post! It's hard to believe, as I have seen so much happen in your lovely old yellow house, and I'm praying that your new home will be blessed with many happy years with your growing family. Your little grandchild will be spoilt, it looks like a fairytale place. I sure hope you will share this new project with all of us your blog fans!!
I understand so well how you are feeling, tears were streaming down my face as I read your post. It's funny how my family have been living with a "should we move" predicament for a little while now and I was paralyzed with fear but your post has helped me se that moving on can be such a blessing. I am so happy for you, and I wish you and Eric a happy new life. Please make sure you keep us posted!!
hugs,
the other Sharon (UK)

Suzanne said...

How exciting for you! I can wait to read about your new adventures.

Molly's Art Designs said...

Sharon-
I can't wait to see the creative touches you add to your new country home!
Blessings-
Molly

Cottonwood Tales said...

Congrats ! This is wonderful news. Hubby and I live in the country on 26 acres for 20 years and we love it. Of course, it took a while for this city girl to get used to snakes, mice, coyotes, cows standing in the middle of the roads, etc., but I wouldnt trade it for anything. I love my flowers, trees, growing vegetables! (Also, so good to see you post.)
God's blessings,
Karen from West, Texas

Sue said...

So happy for you Sharon, we lived in our previous home for thirty years and like you raised our family there, and made many memories, we saw God pour even more blessings when he gave us our farm! You will make even more wonderful memories here, and God's timing is always so perfect! Many blessings to you and your family, You know you had to have lots more room for the new baby to come and those who will follow. Some of our children and grand kids just left, and they made good use of the space. Your new home looks so beautiful, and I know you are going to make it even more beautiful with your special touches.
Hugs,
Sue

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon! WOW is that big news! I am happy that you're happy. A new chapter in your lives. Can't wait to hear about the house etc. Yes, are you going to have a garage sale? Oh goodness...the thought of packing! But knowing you, you'll be the most organized mover! So glad you'll still be close to work & the kids. You'll be busy, but please pop in when you can.
Big hugs! Have a great weekend. (I know what you'll be doing!)

Kathi said...

I'm so excited for you Sharon!!! Your new place is gorgeous!! Love, Kathi

jen said...

So happy to read this about a new chapter on your life . It looks beautiful . Congratulations!

Crows, Suds and Cinnamon said...

So happy for you and your family. I can picture a swing in one of those trees for your grandchild. Can't wait to hear all about this new adventure!

Anonymous said...

What exciting news!!!! Congratulations! :) :) :) Blessings, Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Please don't quit blogging now!!! I love your blog and hope we get to see how you make this new house your new HOME!!!

Bakersfield Wedding Photography said...

What a Wonderful blessing for you and your family. With those plants around you, it will make your life more colorful. Good Luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...