This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Family heirlooms....

When I found out that I would be hosting Easter dinner this year for our family, I decided to pull out the china that my mother-in-law, Alice, gave me.
 Shamefully, I stored it in some cardboard boxes out in our garage cabinets where it got covered in dust and cobwebs. Let me see....I think it's in one of these boxes....
...yep, here it is in this box.
I also decided to pull out the china that my grandmother gave me 34 years ago when I got engaged. She gave her china to me because I was the first grandchild to become engaged. I used to have this displayed in my house for many years, but I eventually ran out of space and stored it in the garage. I pulled out all of the boxes and brought them into the house.
I set them on the counter to wash.
These are the dishes Alice gave me. They are very elegant.
They are made by Noritake and the pattern is called "Sweet Leilani".
It's a delicate gray pattern with a sweet pink flower and a beautiful silver trim.
These are the dishes my Grandmother gave me. They are white with a gray lacy pattern along the edge and they also have a beautiful silver trim.
They are made by Dalton and the pattern is called "Whitney".
I'm amazed and pleased at how well these two patterns coordinate!
I also pulled out this box of silver that Alice gave me. I cannot believe that I had forgotten about it! She gave both the china and silver to me about two years ago at a time when I was very stressed and busy. At that time I didn't have time to deal with the china and silver, so I temporarily stored them out in our garage and of course promptly forgot about them! :0( . I feel badly that I did not give them more attention as they are very special heirlooms. The box alone, that the silver is stored in, is a wonderful treasure!
This silver is so pretty! I believe this is the silver she received as a wedding gift.
Unfortunately, only the manufacturer is engraved on the back, not the name of the pattern, but I searched the internet and I found it!
It's a beautiful floral pattern called Romance by Holmes & Edwards for the International Silver Company.
It's lovely!
It's a service for eight.
It has some additional serving pieces as well.
Our Easter table came together so beautifully!
I like the mix of the two china patterns.
Also of note, the crystal goblets were a gift to me from my mother-in-law about 10 years ago and they look beautiful with the china and silver as well! I only wish that Alice could have been here to see me using her silver and china. I will definitely use it next time we have them over for a family dinner, so she can see me using them!
I'm very thankful for these three family heirlooms and I will cherish them and keep them, and then pass them along to my daughter-in-laws one day. And...you'll be happy to know that they will no longer be stored out in the garage!

"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over." Psalms 23:5

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for you!! it is amazing how they match!!! I have no such gift from family but collect myself to hand down. with the colors you can mix and match other finds too.

Loved the center piece too!!

Mardell said...

Oh how beautiful, Sharon. :o) I've definitely been guilty of putting things away and forgetting ALL about them! The silverware set is stunning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...