This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, March 11, 2013

St. Patrick's Day decor...

Top o' the mornin' to ya! Today I'd like to show you my St. Patrick's Day decorations!
No, we're not Irish, but we indulge in the holiday anyway!  I put out a few decorations and we always plan a big Irish feast for the whole family.  The two photos above are the decorations I have on our little bookshelf in the kitchen. I love that plate!
Here's the kitchen windowsill display.
This little leprechaun is a new addition to my collection this year. I think he was a Christmas ornament, but he works perfect for my display!
This old leprechaun is a new find this year too. Love his pipe!
In this corner I have a wonderful old die cut classroom decoration made by Dennison. Several years ago I found a huge 2'x3' bag full of old classroom decorations at Goodwill. They were the property of an old school teacher and I could not believe my good luck when I opened it and it had these wonderful old die cut wall hangings for every holiday!!!
I showed you this cup last year, but it's one of my favorite things. Aren't the graphics fantastic! That little leprechaun is so cute in his striped pants, polka-dot hat and belled shoes!
In this corner I have another Dennison cut-out with some other cute things.
I found these darling tea-towels at the dollar store. You can see my shamrock coffee mug sitting on the stove! I changed out the mugs for the season too. It's harmless fun! :)
I found these darling shamrock lights and they were so cute when lit up, but one day I went to turn them on and they wouldn't work. Sad day! I wiggled them and tried a little to work on them, but I could not fix them. I will have to be on the hunt to find another set.
Check out this awesome shamrock sign! I bought this one and.....
...this one at the Dollar Tree for only one dollar each!
They are so cute with the vintage artwork on them. What a great deal!
In the powder room I made a couple of small displays. I love this new finger towel that I found at Joanne's Fabrics.
Here's my new little garden elf that I showed you last week. He's perfect next to the framed leprechaun print and a green votive.
Here's another Dennison die cut.
I found this little guy at a thrift store mixed in with all the Christmas stuff. He's kind of confusing; is he a Santa incognito, a New Year's decoration since he's holding the clock, or is he a leprechaun since he has the green vest and shoes. I decided he needs to be with my St. Patty's decor. I hot-glued the clover to his hand to make him look more festive for the season! haha!
I hung another cut-out on the back of our front door.
Here's our entryway table display.
I grouped some fun green things together on a green platter. Love the little boy candle. I found him at a garage sale still wrapped in his original cellophane. I think he's from the early 1970s.
I found this Irish blessing plaque at a thrift store, but it was damaged on the bottom left corner, so I simply hot glued a reproduction gift card of a little lad and an Irish lucky gold coin! Problem solved!
More Dennison cut-outs from my wonderful thrift store score!
It's a darling lad with his lassie dancing an Irish jig.
I did my little trick of taking old ribbon and simply hot-gluing it to the back of the card making a loop to hang it up by. It works perfect!
Here's wishing you a wonderful St. Patrick's day and hoping that you'll find that pot o' gold!

"St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time - 
a day to begin transforming 
winter's dreams into summer's magic."
  ~Adrienne Cook

"And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing." Ezekiel 34:26

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
I hope you had a nice weekend. Love your St. Pat's decorations! You really scored on those Dennison cut-outs. I found a bunch of old Halloween ones @ a yard sale about 10 yrs. ago. I cherish them. You really have the knack for decorating for the holidays. Can't wait to hear about the family feast.

I love the ticker you put on the sidebar for the new grandbaby. :o)

as always starzie said...

Hi Sharon! I love all of your St. Patty's decorations! So cute! I love the cut-outs. I wish I could find some in my area. Maybe I have to come to Oregon to find really neat stuff! Will you be having corn beef and cabbage? A favorite of my family!
Take care and I hoped you Mom continues to feel better each day!
Hugs,
Darlene

Molly's Art Designs said...

Love it! My birthday is St. Patrick's Day--I just love seeing all of the green!
Blessings-
Molly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...