This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring rain....

Spring rain, there's nothing like it. 
 Oh how I love the smell of the first rain after a long period of not having rain.
 It gently falls to the earth, wetting the cement and asphalt which causes the best aroma. This wonderful scent only comes when the ground is just barely wet. It reminds me of my childhood.
We have had a very cold winter here in Oregon. Most mornings we would wake up to below 30 degree weather with frost, ice or snow on the ground. I don't like to be cold. I don't like it when it gets that cold and stays that cold. I don't feel like moving when it's that cold.
So when we get these warmer 50 to 60 degree days with a gentle rain, I really love it.
I welcome this warm spring rain!
The rain cleanses everything and makes everything smell new.
I am so ready for spring. I'm ready for change. We have had a tough winter with many challenging things in our family, especially with my parents and my siblings. I am praying that God will send us a rainbow through the storm.
I showed you pictures of this beauitful rainbow that God sent a couple of weeks ago and it was such a blessing. Such a great reminder that He is in control. I know He has a plan and He is going to work through all of this. For now I will breathe in that wonderful aroma of the first spring rains and keep trusting God.

"And He prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit." James 5:18

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Judy said...

I too love a nice rain in the spring. We still have snow on the ground, but we know it's spring because the sap is running now in the maple trees for us to make maple syrup.

Simply Shelley said...

Your rainbow is certain to come....blessings friend

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...