This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sad news....

My brother texted me and told me that our mother was taken to the hospital by ambulance.  
 The first diagnosis: Failure to Thrive.
My husband and I went to the hospital that evening.
 When we got there she was still in the ER, but then they were moving her to the neurology floor. My brother, sister and father were there with her.
They later said that the diagnosis was a small heart attack and possible stroke.
 She was stable, which was comforting, but still under observation.
 We went up to her room and then our kids (Mackenzie, Brittany and Cameron) came up too.
 The doctors are a bit stumped by what is actually happening to her.
They did a lot of tests and are still doing more.
 My Daddy is so worried about her. They've been married almost 57 years.
She is so thin. I am worried too. We later found out that she has had a stroke affecting the frontal lobe of her brain and they do not think that she had a heart attack. I am sad. They are sending her to a rehabilitation nursing home. I pray that she will respond well to the therapy.
Please pray for my Mamma.

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. "For My yoke is easy, and My load is light." Matthew 11:28-30

Hugs, Sharon

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes prayers for your mother and family. The rehab will help her gain her strength and you all will help her gain her confidence and God will give her the will.

Mardell said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this, Sharon. You can count on many prayers from me. Please keep us updated when you can. Lots of hugs are reaching out to your family.

Anonymous said...

Sending love and healing thoughts to you and your family Sharon. Donna

jen said...

Sending many healing prayers her way and you and your families way- take care and god bless
Jen in Vancouver

adsgram said...

Sending prayers for your beloved Mom. May I just say that for what you say she is going through, she looks so healthy...what a pretty lady who looks like a real fighter! God bless you all and stay strong, Sharon...{{{hugs}}}

Lynne

Anonymous said...

Praying for your Mom and you. We went through this with my Mom last March - she regained all of her speech. She hasn't been very mobile in the last few years - but regained what she had. She had to be in a rehabilitation center for a week and was out quickly. I pray that will happen for your Mom.

Also, congratulations on the news of a grandbaby, Grandma
Sharon.

Grandma Willa

as always starzie said...

Oh Sharon you can count on me! I will pray for your Mamma! And your Daddy too! We'll put them both in Gods hands and surround them both with white light. And you will be in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless!
Take care,
Hugs,
Darlene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...