This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Please pray for my Daddy...

This seems completely impossible, but exactly one week after my mother's stroke, my father had one. :( My heart is so sad. He woke up yesterday morning stumbling and not being able to walk straight. He had no feeling in his left hand. He had a droopy left eye. My brother is staying at their house right now and he called 911. My Dad was rushed to the hospital to learn that he too had a stroke. He is stable and in good spirits, but we are worried for him.

This is a lot.

The burden is much to bear. I am thankful to be able to share it with my siblings and mostly with God. We have many difficult decisions to make and due to finances, our options are few. I'm praying for God's wisdom. I'm praying for His guidance and direction. I'm praying for a miracle.

"Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working." James 14-15


Hugs, Sharon

9 comments:

Mardell said...

Oh Sharon,
I am so SAD to hear this. Please remember that I'll be praying strongly for your family. I'm extending long distance love & hugs to you.

elizabeth said...

Praying for you! With my mama the manager of a lovely assisted living center walked me through all of the steps to transition her. She owned her home outright, but other than that didn't have a lot of assets. Come to find out, the state paid until her home was sold, then she had to start paying. Anyway, to make a long story short, her last 7 months were spent in a lovely little apartment, surrounded by wonderful people that we couldn't have made it through without.

as always starzie said...

Oh Sharon I'm so sorry to hear this latest news regarding your Daddy. Just know I will be praying for both of your parents. I know you know they are in Gods hands as well as you and your siblings. I do understand as I have gone through the same thing with my parents. God will give you wisdom to make all the right decisions regarding your parents. Take care.
Hugs,
Darlene

jen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jen said...

Oh no- so sorry to read this- sending many prayers your families way- hang in there and take care-
Sincerely
Jen in Vancouver

sharon said...

im thinking of and praying for you and your lovely family.God bless you and guide yiu through this testing time. love, the other Sharon xx

Kathie said...

Sharon, I'm so sorry this has happened. You have siblings that together will figure this out, and it will be ok. And you have faith in God. I was able to keep my mom at home,with the help of a sister. It will be ok.
Sincerely Kathie


Anonymous said...

It is hard when parents become children and we the parents. Will pray God opens up the right answer for them and you. Glad you are not alone in caring for them and making decisions with them. Praying for them and you. Being a minister, I have seen this many times when one spouse gets ill or even dies, the other is not far behind. A moment that will bring you all closer together.

Judy said...

Hi Sharon, I'm so sorry to hear about both your parents. My mom had a stroke last week too and I was back in Illinois helping out. My mom is fully recovered, tho they are keeping an eye on the coumadin that she has to take. She also found out her heart is bad. The stroke did take it out of her and she's been left more weaker than before. My parents will be moving in with us this fall. I'll keep both your parents in my prayers always.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...