This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, March 15, 2013

My Daddy...

Daddy in the hospital
My Dad is stable. Thankfully. Thank you to all of you out there who have been praying for him.
My Dad with his little brother Lester, who looks so much like him!
But he's not out of the woods by any means. On the first day he could not use his left hand at all, but last night he was moving it a little.
Daddy reading God's promises
We found out though, that he cannot walk on his own. He has what is called, ataxia, which is a neurological disorder causing the lack of voluntary coordination of muscle movements.
My good natured, happy Daddy.
He's a fighter and is a great patient. He's working hard for the physical therapists and he's very compliant. I feel bad though because depression is settling in on him. The reality that he's losing his independence in his life is getting him down. Please say a prayer for my Dad that he will recover the use of his right arm and the ability to walk again on his own. Please pray that God will give him peace and joy and that this depression will flee.

Please pray for my sisters, Kelli and Kathi and I as we are trying to maneuver through all of the many healthcare decisions we must make for our parents. We needs God's wisdom, guidance and direction.

Thank you so much.

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits; Who pardons all your iniquities; Who heals all your diseases; Who redeems your life from the pit; Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion; Who satisfies your years with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle." Psalm 103:2

Hugs, Sharon

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry for what you are going through. Usually social workers help you too in making choices. I would include your parents in helping to decide what comes next for them so they feel a part of making that choice too. A good thing is you all are there, so if they need to go to a place other than home, you are there to check in on them and make sure they are cared for. a big plus! and you all have each other in this too. so many blessings to count. Prayers for you all.

Judy said...

I extend my prayers again to you all. I know what you are going through and feeling. I pray that your father has a wonderful recovery.

jen said...

Sending many prayers for your whole family - hang in there and onto one another -
Sincerely
Jen in Canada

Sue said...

Sending prayers and hugs, your way, Sharon, I simply love your dad"s smile. I remember past posts where you and Kathi have shared of His faith, I know this brings much comfort to you.
Much love,
Sue

Mary Anne said...

"Do not lose your inward peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset. Commend all to God, and then lie still and be at rest in God's bosom. Whatever happens, abide steadfast in a determination to cling simply to God, trusting all to God's eternal love for you."
St. Francis de Sales

Prayers for your parents and all of you!

Blessings...<><

Mary Anne

Molly's Art Designs said...

Praying for you and your parents! Good physical therapy can do wonders!
Blessings-Molly

Mardell said...

Oh Sharon,
Please know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers. How difficult this must be.

Your Daddy looks so frail. I just want to hug him & ask him about that picture he drew in church one day. Something to make him smile. Is your brother still w/your mom?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...