This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, February 22, 2013

Words to live by...

I bought these two great wall plaques recently at a thrift store. They were only $1.99 each. They are a set and both have fruit on them with neat sayings. This one says, 

"The Ornaments of this House
 are Friends who visit it" 


And this one says, 

"There is Nothing More worth winning
 than Friendship"

They are old, probably made in the 50s or 60s. They are from Plaster of Paris and I believe they are homemade, but the paint job on the fruit looks pretty professional, so I'm not quite sure.
I hung them on either side of my curio cabinet in our entryway to greet our guests as they arrive. I really like them, they are perfect for our home!

"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them." Luke 6:31
Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At a thrift store here in Texas i found a butter dish like yours with the cow on top - 2.00- Do you remember what year you bought it?

Rose of Sharon said...

Dear Anonymous,

I bought it in about 1980 or 1981 from a catalog called Lilian Vernon. I love it!

Have a great day!
Sharon

Sue said...

A great welcome to friends, Sharon, thanks for sharing all of your treasures, I would so enjoy going thrifting with you.~smile~
Read some of your previous posts and enjoyed them so much, especially the romantic Valentine's day dinner.
Enjoy your weekend.
Blessings,
Sue

Anonymous said...

I remember Lilian Vernon catalogs and had ordered a lot from them. Now it is all on line.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...